Verizon Order Question(Please Read)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applegirl81, Oct 7, 2011.

1. applegirl81 macrumors member

My order went right through with Verizon when they first opened them up last night and I got the email immediately. But my card shows no activity but it still says my order was placed. Is anyone else who ordered with Verizon seeing this?? Thanks in advance.

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

I ordered through AT&T but upon checkout it specifically said my card would NOT be billed until they shipped the phone. Check your 'receipt'.

3. phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

Yeah with most pre-order things you card doesn't get charged until the item gets shipped. Some places will charger like $1 just to make sure the card is a active/real card

4. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Think it checks to make sure you have enough on your card but you won't get charged until the phones ship.

5. mstrze macrumors 68000

I don't believe that's possible. The only way one could do that as a vendor would be to charge the amount to the credit card, then immediately refund the money.

6. applegirl81 thread starter macrumors member

Alright guys, I sure appreciate the quick responses.

7. mstrze macrumors 68000

By the way, this is Saturday evening and my credit card was just charged. A good sign?:eek:

8. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

It is indeed possible, it's called a pre-authorization and it happens each and every time you use a credit/debit card at a restaurant or gas station.

9. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Sorta not correct. There are 2 common methods for used to either verify the money is there or ensure the card is active and real: 1.) putting a hold on the card, 2.) charging a small amount (typically $1 or less) and then not processing this amount, thus refunding this money before it is even used. I don't believe the latter actually can report that there is in fact x-amount of money available; my impression is that it is used just to make sure the card isn't a stolen card. However, a vendor could certainly place a hold on a card - but to my knowledge, no iPhone vendor is doing this in the states.

10. WMassSoprano macrumors newbie

I just checked my account, and I don't see the charge, but there was a "Verizon Wireless Authorization" for $0.00 What the heck does that mean?