Carrier Verizon Pay In Full Option Requires Account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 6thDAY, Sep 9, 2016.

1. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

Forgive my ignorance, I've always ordered the T-Mobile version full price from the Apple Store, and this is the first time I tried to pre-order the Verizon one, but does it really require you to have a Verizon account to order it?....even a full-price one?

If so, why is that the case?

2. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I had the same issue, what if i'm buying a phone new, you can literally only buy one if you're an existing verizon account holder, not if if you want a new phone, not if you want to switch. And apple makes you stay up till 3 am to find out an wast your time. so i got nothing.

they've been doing this for 10 years and they still can make it run smooth.

3. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

When I found out it required an account, I immediately went for the T-Mobile instead and luckily got the 16th delivery date, but it's stupid that Verizon requires you to have an account.

Not sure what the purpose is if people want to buy it full-price unlocked.

4. menist macrumors regular

menist

It does ask for carrier info. I tried this a the start then went back and got the T-Mobile unlocked with sim.

5. mashinhead macrumors 68020

is t-mobile CDMA, i legitimately want to switch to Verizon. Despite being on AT&T literally my last 3 phones have been varizon phones, no issues.

6. Merlyn3D macrumors regular

No, it's not CDMA. I'd just wait for the sim free model.

7. unclefarkus macrumors member

i went tmobile also after struggling with this problem for 20 minutes. went from a delivery date of september 23 to late october in the process. may cancel. may try other stores. i'd rather have a verizon one for resale purposes but meh. it's ridiculous that they do this.

8. holyrita macrumors member

9. comncense macrumors member

comncense

I saw on another site that Sim Free phones won't be available in the U.S. until a few weeks after launch. With that said, I wonder if it's possible that we go to a Verizon store on the 16th and buy the phone in full and not have to have it tied to an account. I have a Verizon phone thru my job, so I just want a new phone to use on their corporate account, which I can just insert the Verizon sim card from my work iPhone and use it in the new phone.

10. mashinhead macrumors 68020

you can't even get any answers because there is no support

i really can't understand how consistently unprepared they are every year.

11. Jkalldaway macrumors newbie

Jkalldaway

I bought the Tmobile and am just going to exchange it in store for a Verizon.