Verizon paying ETF

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mulley2472, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Mulley2472, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014

Mulley2472 macrumors regular

i was considering switching from Att to Verizon. I have roughly 510.00 in ETF fees from Att if I did. I contacted several Verizon stores to see if there was any special promotion out there outside of the 150.00 a line porting credit you get on your bill.

I had a Verizon store sales rep calling me back saying he verified with one of the district managers that there is some fine print out there that yes Verizon will pay your etf fee. He said there is a form that you can fill out and submit with your last "other" carrier and you will be reimbursed after 45 days. I asked if he could email me the form and he said his office had gotten rid of the forms because they thought the promotion was over but it is still good until the end of November but they don't advertise is right now. They said they wanted to earn my business and I said i would come down to the store to get the form and then make my decision the only this is that they didn't have any iPhone 6's in stock.

I ended up located the two iPhone 6's I wanted at a best buy mobility store and they didn't know anything about what I was talking about. They said also the 150.00 per line credit would be in the form of two best buy gift cards because I didn't switch to Verizon at a Verizon store. I had the phones I wanted so I switched. I am going to call Verizon customer care in the morning to try and get this mysterious ETF reimbursement form. I was curious if anyone knows anything about this?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Gental hint on your post, please use the enter key to make it more readable for the forum members.

As for your post, Verizon does not have any official promotion to pay for your ETF. Maybe some stores will provide a credit but so far only T-Mo and Spring are offering to pay your ETF. Both of those companies are desperate to increase membership. ATT and VZW are not that desperate and so they've no used that option.

3. ag29 macrumors 6502

If something seems too good to be true it probably is.

$150 per line plus for them to pay your ETF sounds like something out of a fairytale

Perhaps if it was Sprint it'd be believeable since they are constantly bleeding customers, but for Verizon, the #1 carrier on subscriber count, to give you such a great deal, that won't happen unfortunately.

4. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

Are you really complaining about getting $150 per line? Up until a year or so ago, no carrier gave you anything for switching to them.

Just sell your old phones, that plus the $150 per line should be close to cover that.