Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JAT

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just got a Verizon iPhone and it seems to like dropping 3G Internet frequently when coming out of sleep. Phone still works, 3G still shows at the top, bars can be whatever. Just don't have net access when I try to get email or surf. Doesn't seem to happen on wifi at all. Solution is to reset connection, I just go into airplane mode and back and then it works.

Anybody else have this or similar?

jungwook72

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2011
Have you tried resetting network settings?

I tried the following:

Setting > Reset > Reset Network Setting

Before I did the above solution, I had to turn on/off airplane mode. However, after I did the above solution, my verizon iphone just works without any problem so far.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Feb 8, 2009
I have the same problem on TMobile in the UK. 3G signal bars are present and correct but there's no internet connectivity until the phone is rebooted and/or airplane mode is turned on and off. A colleague has an iPhone 3G running some variety of iOS 4 and also has the same connectivity issues (same network). Her Blackberry (also the same network) has no such connectivity issues. It seems like the iPhone has some issues with internet connectivity basically.

JAT

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
I tried the following:

Setting > Reset > Reset Network Setting

Before I did the above solution, I had to turn on/off airplane mode. However, after I did the above solution, my verizon iphone just works without any problem so far.

I'm trying that per your suggestion. I'll see if it works. Thanks!

It did seem to work. It's been a week and I haven't seen the same issue even once.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.