Verizon phone to carry with my beloved touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kyprioth657, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Kyprioth657 macrumors newbie

Well, it's been two years and my old Verizon phone is fading into it's planned obsolescence. Anybody got a recommendation for a small, cheap (no data plan) verizon phone? With my new iPod touch, I don't even need a camera.Just texting and talking.

Any ideas?

2. Link2999 macrumors 6502

3. unamused macrumors 6502

i hope you realize that .7mp pictures are not that great so you might want to reconsider the camera bit

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Hmph. I hate this misconception. The mp isn't the most important spec on the camera. Also, he isn't going to buy a phone solely for high quality picture taking, that's what a separate camera is for.

5. macabouttobe macrumors regular

macabouttobe

This phone with Verizon Service looks very promising!

I find your question very legitimate, and some "unamused" lurker dude (propperly called out by iParis) dissing the camera before anyone can see it and put me in a place to pile on more nonsense.. Although it's not going to take me away from my Nikon D90, it will totally take the impulsive photo spot away from my blackberry bold!!!

The other productive responses look promising too.

6. Panther71 macrumors regular

There are a couple of Verizon phones with flip-out QWERTY keyboards you might consider -- The LG Cosmos or the Samsung Intensity. I own the Samsung Reality, that comes with the $9.99 data package. It comes with a nice 3.0 mp camera.

7. DUDEMANGUY5 macrumors regular

Prepaid, but verizon!

Net10 R355c, I have one it has great service and only 2.5 cent texting...

8. ml.sail1 macrumors regular

definately go with net10 prepaid

I go with net10 and i pay 15 bucks a month to get 150 mins at 10c a min way cheaper than verizon 25c a minute and txts are only 3c taking up .3 min. coverage is great in fact full bars most everywhere i go, in fact i even took it on a trip with me to brazil and i even had coverage there but only for emergency calls of course. I got the samsung t401g which has a slide out qwerty keyboard you can che3ck it out here

http://www.net10.com/phone_details.jsp?model=UCMTST_008181

hope this helps