Verizon Pre-order Billing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gray Tragedy, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Gray Tragedy macrumors newbie

I hope this question is both appropriate here and hasn't been asked yet. If it has, I apologize.

My question is in regards to how the payment method will work with the Verizon pre-order tonight. I am on a family plan and I plan on upgrading to the iPhone tonight. However, it is my mother's account. I have access to her "My Verizon" thing and have already logged in to confirm that I am eligible to upgrade. But once I do so, will the cost of the iPhone be added to the account's bill, or can I pay with my (not my mother's) credit card directly?

2. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

You will give them a card to pay for the phone itself. The monthly service bill will go on your Vz account to be paid later.

3. Chimera-se macrumors member

I'm in the same situation, and would like to know the same thing. I'd also like to know how the monthly bill will change with the addition of the data plan...

4. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I'm hoping we can pay directly tonight, like Zepaw said. I'm ordering 4 for our family plan so that's about $1000 on a 2% rewards credit card=$20 in my retirement account. :)

5. JSK1121 macrumors member

I'm in a similar situation, but I do not live where the account holder (my old man) lives. I'm wondering if I'll be able to have the phone shipped to where I live.

6. Gray Tragedy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info!

I'm with you there. If I can't have it shipped to my place, I guess I'll have to skip class and make trip home (across two states) to retrieve it. :rolleyes:

7. JSK1121 macrumors member

I'd have to assume they'll let you ship to somewhere other than your billing address. It would be kind of ridiculous of they didn't.

8. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

I'm hoping that they do as well. Otherwise, you can always change the billing address of the account right before the order is placed. That way you can have it shipped to whichever address you want.

9. jacollins macrumors 6502a

That's how it worked for the AT&T i4. The AT&T i4 pre-orders only allowed shipping to the billing address. But you could go in after the order was done (and before shipment) to change to a different address. Whether Verizon will do the same is another question...

10. JSK1121 macrumors member

Just talked to VZW customer service, and they said right before you place your order, you can change the ship-to address. Woohoo!

11. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

damn dude save some for us!!

12. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

If I order them all tonight, you can visit your local Verizon or Apple Store on the 10th. :D No mercy.

13. Dr. Ron Swanson macrumors newbie

I spoke with VZW customer service about this same issue and was also assured that somewhere during the purchasing process there will be an opportunity to enter an "alternative shipping" address.

14. JSK1121 macrumors member

This seems to be something they're fairly consistent on. She also told me the phones would ship on or before the 10th. That's not terribly helpful, I guess.

15. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

My rep told me that they're using a different ordering system for these pre-orders, and shipping will ONLY be done to the billing address. Just log in to MyVerizon and change your address before you order, it's fast and easy.

Also, you will have to pay with credit card or gift cards only... no bill-to-account option.

16. JSK1121 macrumors member

Well, I can't change the billing address because I don't control the account, but the word on the street is that you can choose where to ship.

17. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Assuming they deal with it the same way as the original i4 release, Apple gives the phones to the shipper, and the shipper will not hold. So it'll appear when it appears (could be early, could be 2/10).