Verizon pre-order confusion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rapicell, Sep 12, 2014.

1. rapicell macrumors regular

I don't know if anyone can help me, but I'm currently in the process of pre-ordering the 4.7 iPhone 6 and I'm willing to part with my unlimited data, but the data packages are rather confusing to select from.

I decided to pick edge because I wanted the max plan and I'm seeing the max plan ranging form $0-40 and they all same the same thing "Verizon Max 6GB" and then there's the "Verizon Max 8GB W/ Mobile Hotspot" listing from $20-$50.

I selected the 8GB $20 just to see what happens and it's showing up as $20 at the checkout review. Does anyone think it might get changed to the $50 price once I submit the order?

2. ilkevinli macrumors 6502

ilkevinli

Yes you will. It's $20 MORE (20+30=50). So the 6GB is 30.00 and the 8GB is 50.00

3. rapicell thread starter macrumors regular

Mk, I don't think you understand what is being said. The checkout literally shows my data package as $20. However, the actual price of the 8GB is $50. I'm just curious if the verizon's website may be glitching and showing incorrect plans.

4. ilkevinli macrumors 6502

ilkevinli

I understand fine. It's exactly as I stated above. Good luck.

5. rapicell thread starter macrumors regular

No, you clearly don't understand. Verizon doesn't list prices based on how much more than would be if you selected them. They list the price of the data itself, which is it says on my check out, $20 as selected. I did not select something that said "please add this along with an extra $20 more a month", which you for some damn reason think is going on.

6. ilkevinli macrumors 6502

ilkevinli

LOL !! Ok buddy. I know. Verizon is giving you your own special pricing. Let me know what the price is when you make your choice. :rolleyes:

7. rapicell thread starter macrumors regular

Please stop replying to my thread because you're being nothing but rude. I never said "special pricing", I'm asking a dang question about why verizon's website is being wonky and you continue to say things that make zero sense. Also, stop quote every time you reply, I'm well aware you're responding to me.

8. ilkevinli macrumors 6502

ilkevinli

I'm the one being rude ? You should re-read your posts. What I said makes perfect sense. You just don't like the answer. I will continue to reply to any post I want to. Thank you. :D

9. lovesee macrumors newbie

Was showing the same craziness for me. Max 6gb was listed as $0 three times, $20 one time, and $30 two times. So I called Verizon and Angie told me that if I had a certain kind of old plan then the price for the new Max 6gb plan would be $20 (still not $0).

10. Hot Tuna macrumors newbie

I got the same options when I converted from unlimited. I selected the 8gb for $20. I felt uneasy about this but put the order through just to get the phone and then I'd call and hash out the data details later.

I called VZW and my plan is $80 for voice and text; plus $10 line access; and $20 for 8gb of data, not $30+$20. I will check again on my next bill to make sure this is the case, if not, I'll roll it back to 6gb.

11. rapicell thread starter macrumors regular

I'm very tempted to do that, since I'd be doing it via edge, so instead of the almost $40 a month phone payment (64gb model), it'd be more like $30 or so (when you take in account the $10 less spent on data). But whether verizon will honor the $20 data is what I'm worried about.

12. Hot Tuna macrumors newbie

I did it with Edge as well. If the rep was wrong in what she told me, then I'll just go back to 6gb for $30. If they tell me that they can't get me 6gb for $30then I'll throw a piss. :D

I'll likely be jumping up to 10gb+ Share More Everything plan come Christmas because my kids are going to want to ditch their feature phones.

13. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

Your plan only changes once you activate the phone. If you decide not to activate the phone your plan reverts back to what it was originally. I tried to put Max earlier but it didn't exist on Verizon's website. So I just put whatever. As soon as the phone comes I will just call Verizon and have them set everything to Max.

14. rapicell thread starter macrumors regular

To get max on the website you have to pick edge, but if you do it in-store or call, they can just switch it themselves. I was just thinking of picking edge because I might want to switch to the 6s when it comes out. But I haven't done anything yet, so I'm still deicing.

15. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

Verizon Edge gets you a $10/month discount from the basic access fee, and according to the rep where I pre-ordered today you get an extra 1GB of date each month for a year. Maybe some of the pricing confusion comes from a combo of the $10 monthly discount plus the extra 1GB of data. Verizon might be knocking your plan price down to what 5GB would cost vs. the regular 6GB, then adding the bonus 1GB back in for free.

Or maybe their system is just so screwed up you can't trust it right now. :D

Verizon had all manner of system problems with iPhone pre-orders today.

16. HolyGrail, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

Thanks.
    It used to be in order to have Max you would have to also have edge. Verizon has since changed that and now you can have Max without edge. Don't know why they haven't updated their preorder website choices to reflect it.