Verizon pre order customers, question:

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ksizzle9, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

So I preordered my 4S thru vzw, and had my confirmation email within 5 minutes of the pre order. Basically it started about 1:50am cst- and I ordered mine then. Any ways, mine is still at this: We have received your order and it is in process: expected delivery date 10/14/11. I know that apple and some others are at preparing to ship, but I think once Verizon opens back up tomorrow that we may actually see some shipping notifications. They did send many of the pre ordered 4's out 3-4 days before "launch". Just curious if this is what everyone else it getting when they check their order status.

Note: I ordered from vzw.com, not apple. Let's hear what some of you have. I still firmly believe we get these a few days early.

2. wurt macrumors member

mine says processing with an eta for the 14th...

3. pjckc macrumors newbie

I ordered from Verizon within at 3AM CDT on the 7th and my status is the same.

4. tguilliams macrumors member

[​IMG]

That's what I get when I check my order status. Hopefully that's a delivery date and not a ship date like it says.

5. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Do people at Verizon even work tomorrow since it's a holiday?

6. livspop macrumors regular

At least shipping yes, and most likely everyone else. UPS and FedEx are open for business...

7. Ksizzle9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I noticed some sprint customers have gotten tracking numbers. I think by tomorrow vzw order status will change and we will get a surprise, lets keep updating this thread so we can follow each others progress.

8. pressplay macrumors newbie

Someone said in this thread (last pg) that some VZ customers have received shipping e-mails with tracking numbers.

9. Ksizzle9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I couldn't find it, I think they are referring to the 4. Back in feb.

10. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

Glad to see I am not the only one worried!
    Lets keep this thread going with updates. Especially when Trackign numbers start to roll in

11. sbbluewater macrumors member

Mine says processing with a delivery date of 10/14.

12. jreilly37, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

jreilly37 macrumors member

I ordered mine from Apple and it is at preparing for shipment with Delivery on the 14th, I hope it comes earlier:

[​IMG]

13. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

This is also what mine says. I began my order just before 3am EST and was done just after 3 am.

14. Ksizzle9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I don't think the link tool me to the right place(guy who said vzw customers are receiving tracking #'s). I have absolute faith in vzw, the last 3 phones I have pre ordered thru them have all came 3-7 days early. I just don't think they operate the part of their company that deals with I online orders over the weekend, I def think we will see some status changes as early as tomorrow even with some ship dates moved up

15. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

I ordered from Verizon too.

I'm almost positive Verizon Isn't open tomorrow. (Well..Maybe).

(Just googled it. They ARE open tomorrow. yippie :) )

16. rashawnsdinner macrumors newbie

I ordered mine at 12:15 EST and the confirmation email came about two hours later and said I could expect my phone on the 14th. My order status,however, says it is expected to ship on the 14th. I am fairly confident that we will get our phones on the 14th or sooner...probably the 14th.

I've talked to VZW about two times since then. I called a few hours after I placed my order because while ordering there was no place to add my apartment number to the address. The CSR gladly helped me out with that and assured me it would be mailed to that address.

Today, I read on the VZW forums that someone else had the same thing happen to them and VZW forced him to cancel his order and re-order (with a later ship date). So, naturally I got extremely nervous that order was inadvertently canceled. I called again and the CSR confirmed the correct address with me.

But a couple things...she said that that literally no one in the customer service department knows anything about the iPhone shipments. Everyone gets bulletins from the higher ups with things they're suppose to know which isn't very much. She said that if your order status reads that it is expected to ship on the 14th then you will HAVE your phone on the 14th if everything else is kept constant...their inventory, shipping companies don't encounter delays, etc. However, all those things can change. Take that for what is worth.

Does anyone know if these phones ship from Apple directly? Or if ship from VZW?

17. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

The iPhone 4's shipped from Verizon directly.

18. Davewithak macrumors regular

I ordered mine around 4:30/5 AM EDT on the 7th and it still says "We have received your order and it is in process: expected delivery date 10/14/11."

Hopefully tomorrow we get an update.

19. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

relax... about thursday afternoon you will get an email stating your order has been shipped. checking your order status every 5 minutes will only cause your stress level to rise and for you to come to this forum making useless threads because of panic.

20. Davewithak macrumors regular

Some people on the Verizon forums are reporting they received tracking info from the USPS.. Not FedEx or UPS.

21. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

lies

22. rashawnsdinner macrumors newbie

Where are you seeing this on their forums?

23. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

USPS? :confused:

24. Davewithak macrumors regular

25. rashawnsdinner macrumors newbie

Just found it. That guy is full of it.