Verizon Pre-order is up!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hallnhall, Sep 11, 2015.

1. hallnhall macrumors newbie

hallnhall

2. Jimmie Geddes, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  3. Jimmie Geddes macrumors regular

4. Ssysol macrumors newbie

Verizon store only offering per month plans or full upgrade prices.

Apple.com website not online...

Just like last year - had to order through Apple Store app on my phone to get an order in and to get the contract pricing...

5. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Same here

6. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

7. vegastime macrumors regular

Verizon was not letting me keep my unlimited data, even at full price for the phone.

Placed my order through the apple app with no problem keeping my unlimited data.

8. HeifetzStrad macrumors newbie

Here's a question for all the Verizon guys....

I have two lines on my account. Line 1 has an upgrade, Line 2 doesn't. I ordered a shiny new 6s Plus on Line 1 with the upgrade discount (2 yr contract). When I receive the phone, can I then choose to activate it on Line 2??

9. laurarh macrumors regular

I've been trying since about 5 til and just keep getting either in a log-in loop or an error. Now I'm on with the chat people. Lord help me...

10. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Same here, chatted in twice, was told first time to order as a new customer and select a plan; this would have required a credit check, which to me, was not ideal, so I ordered from Apple. Chatted in again after that as Apple website said theres a 40.00 upgrade fee, even at retail. Verizon said that's an error, and that as far as unlimited folks go, they have to call into Telesales as the website (I assume for now) isn't allowing unlimited data to stay (prompted me to choose from 2GB up to I don't even remember what amount, but unlimited wasn't even an option).

Sucks, as I ordered from VZ direct last year (iPhone 6) with no issues at retail and retained unlimited, so hopefully they'll fix the issue for those moving forward.

11. Wild-Bill, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015

Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

I couldn't use the Apple Store app on my phone because it requires iOS 8 or above. So I had to keep my existing "Everything More" plan @ 2GB data. Ordered on the Verizon website. Apple's POS website doesn't work at all.

And I saw Verizon are showing the "monthly device access charge" @ $40 a month. I'll have to call to get it to $20, which is what it is supposed to be (Didn't they announce the change to $20 recently???!!!!!!). I don't know, I think I got hosed. I paid full price, installment plan so I wouldn't get locked into another 2-year contract.

12. rbf1138 macrumors 6502

Same thing here. Verizon are such dirtbags. I was told explicitly this wouldn't happen and earlier in the evening Id been able to put other devices in my cart and get to payment after choosing to keep my old unlimited plan. Fortunately like you guys the Apple Store app let me preorder and keep the unlimited plan. I'm calling Verizon tomorrow to let them know about my experience and to make sure they waive my $40 "phone upgrade fee."

13. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Verizon are total dirtbags. They made an announcement in August that the new "monthly device access charge" was going down from $40 to $20.
    Low and behold, my iPhone 6s preorder, with my old contract of 2GB data a month, has a FORTY DOLLAR MONTHY ACCESS CHARGE !!!!!!