Carrier Verizon Pre-Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zet-, Sep 7, 2016.

1. zet- macrumors member

Chatted with a rep online (phone line was too long) and all the info he had was that it was available for pre-order Friday at midnight. I asked if I can pre-order for a store pick up and he didn't know. I also asked for delivery date estimate for pre-orders and he also didn't know.

Does anyone have more info on this? Was thinking about dealing with less online traffic by ordering straight from the carrier.

2. doublex14 macrumors regular

doublex14

I am using the Apple Store App. Much easier

3. comptr macrumors 65816

What about Verizon Edge ? Can you Pre-Order using that option

4. Dgoins1 macrumors regular

I was also wondering if you can pre-order via Verizon edge for a new line of service?

5. azfalcons Suspended

azfalcons

They said they were taking phone pre orders. Did they do that last year?

6. zet- thread starter macrumors member

The online rep said all he knows is that they're taking pre-orders at midnight.

7. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Yeah, you can. That's what I'm doing
    --- Post Merged, Sep 7, 2016 ---
    I've preordered all my iPhones via Verizon's site. Preorders usually start at 2:00am (central standard time)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 7, 2016 ---
    There's also a countdown clock on Verizon's site, counting down until when preorders begin

8. comptr macrumors 65816

So you can Pre-order with Verizon device payment directly from apple ?

9. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Based on this, I'd say yeah

Attached Files:

10. comptr macrumors 65816

well thats good, Apple needs to update their FAQ since their FAQ says you have to go to a apple store to do Verizon Device Payment.

This from the FAQ:

Are more purchase options available at the Apple Store ?

All the iPhone purchase options available on apple.com are available at the Apple Store. You’ll also find additional purchase options in store, such as Sprint Easy Pay and Verizon Device Payment.

11. zachy85 macrumors 6502

zachy85

I think that's for the apple installment plan directly from Apple, not the Verizon monthly plan.

12. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Pretty sure that's the Verizon monthly plan. I'm not enrolled in Apple's payment plan. When I pulled up the Apple app, it automatically recognized that I was a Verizon customer and listed the Verizon plans. I even did it for the 6S and it listed the carrier installment plans and the 2yr contract pricing (VZW still offers two year contracts for existing customers) I'm fairly certain that Apple does VZW installment billing on their site, especially when most carriers only offer the monthly payment option now

13. 16Paws macrumors 6502a

You cannot do the Verizon payment plan through Apple (web or app). When you go through online it looks like you can but get to the last page and you will see that the only Verizon option is 2yr contract.

I also confirmed with with Apple.

14. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I'm buying on device payment plan, already paid off my current iPhone so I just have to pre order as an upgrade to my current iPhone 6. Hopefully this goes smoothly, never done a pre order of an iPhone before. Only ever done the Watch.

15. 16Paws macrumors 6502a

It's a pretty simple process. If your going through Apple for the preorder here are a couple of tips:

1. Use the favorite (heart) on the exact configuration you want.
    2. Use the iOS app if you can, the last couple of years the iOS app has been much more stable than the website, and has even shown up live for preordering before the website.

16. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Note that if you are re-upping on the Apple Upgrade plan, you can't favorite anything. It says 'come back at midnight on the 9th' (or whatever).

It's only a few taps saved, but those of us renewing/skipping the last year of the current phone can't 'save' the config.

17. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Forgot to mention, I have to use VZW because I'm buying in the device payment plan

18. 16Paws macrumors 6502a

Ohhh that is what I am doing too. Last year the process was pretty quick through Verizon. I don't really have an tips for doing it on Verizon other than refresh till it lets you preorder. :).

19. My1stApple, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016

My1stApple macrumors regular

My1stApple

I have preordered my last 2 iphones without any problems, I always renewed my 2 year contract. However, this time I want to try the payment plan but like others said it can't be done through the Apple store app so I'll probably miss my chance to get it on release day this time since I was told I need to go to a Verizon store in the morning to do the payment plan. I will try online to see if I'm able to do it, but I've never had any luck on Verizon's website. Good luck to all of you, though.