Carrier Verizon: Pre-ordered with "Deliver by 9/25", conf. e-mail says "9/30"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eric3312, Sep 12, 2015.

1. eric3312 macrumors 6502

I ordered an iPhone 6s Plus 128GB Space Gray from VerizonWireless.com

When I ordered the phone, the "Deliver by" date was 9/25. When I finished ordered the phone, I went back and checked that specific model again, and they kept it at "Deliver by 9/25" for about 30 minutes longer before it started slipping...so it didn't change while I was ordering the phone or anything.

I got my confirmation e-mail and it says "Deliver by 9/30"

Do you guys think there's a possibility I will still get my phone by 9/25? Does anyone have experience with Verizon? Could they be giving me just an estimate to cover their behinds? Or could I have just gotten the order in a bit later than needed?

Just curious...it's not the end of the world..I'm definitely not changing my order, given dates on their website are slipping more and more.

5 days is not as bad as waiting until the middle/end of October or something.

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Last year some of the people that were in the early-Oct orders got bumped to launch day or just after launch day. Most were the more plentiful models (regular 6's to be exact) but some got lucky.

I ordered two of the same exact phones at 11:57 and 11:59, both got ship dates on the emails of 9/25. Hope it works out for you!

3. eric3312 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. I mean, given how bad the dates are slipping, I should probably be thankful that I'm only 5 days behind launch day...it could be a lot worse

4. eric3312 thread starter macrumors 6502

When you say "ship date" do you mean the "delivery by" date?...what's your deliver date in your verizon e-mail?

5. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Yeah sorry my delivery date on both phones is 9/25.