Verizon pre ordering..did anyone get a call from their bank?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macuserjhs, Feb 3, 2011.

1. macuserjhs macrumors regular

Hi,
    I am wondering if anyone that pre ordered through verizon got a call asking if it was you who purchased the iphone? Thanks

2. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Makes sense that they called to verify... with all the hype, it's a perfect opportunity for fraud and other malfeasance.

3. macuserjhs thread starter macrumors regular

I am asking if they called you guys, cuz they would be calling my dad and my dad might have missed the call.:confused::eek:

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Depending on your card/bank/institution/spending habits, it's certainly not out of the question that this would red flag on some people's cards. It's fine, if your dad misses the call just have him call back and remove any block they may have put in place.

5. Pomeless macrumors regular

Most of the times that I've received calls from my bank are when my spending is abnormal to my routine spending and locale. If you dad regularly uses that bank to pay Verizon bills or has purchased anything from the website before I would doubt that they would call. But, it could happen.

6. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

That happens when I got my iPad I'm shire they are just checking, say thank you to you bank

7. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

oops just seen this thread I posted one too. They called me today so many times so I could verify my three online purchases last night. Verizon, sgpstore, and icarbons. Good looking out Bank of America;)