Verizon Preorders Start on 2/3 at Midnight

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rocknroll, Jan 16, 2011.

1. rocknroll, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

rocknroll macrumors newbie

I saw quite a few questions about this on individual threads so I thought i might as well start a new one with the relevant info regarding the start time for preorders. According to a Verizon representative, iPhone preorders start at midnight on the 3rd. http://community.vzw.com/t5/iPhone-4/Couple-Questions-Please-Answer/td-p/378830

Also, according to another representative pricing will be increased to $649 for 16g and $749 for the 32g. I really wish Verizon released all the details at once including things like data charges because info is slowly being filtered out from employees and misinformation is rampant. Hopefully, this is accurate.

2. jwiggs23 macrumors member

hopefully Apple is also doing the pre-ordering, because I have my Apple gift card to use.

3. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

4. TimShady macrumors member

As far as we know now, verizonwireless.com will be the only place to pre-order. You might be spending the night outside an Apple Store to use that gift card!

Whose Midnight are we talking about anyway? I'm assuming Eastern.

5. rocknroll thread starter macrumors newbie

I would assume eastern time as well but no one from Verizon is giving concrete info as of yet. Hopefully, by next week we get official announcements.

6. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

That's Verizon for you.

7. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Are you surprised?

8. stu00a macrumors member

When I order my Driod X, in very first hour. It was 9 PM here at So. Cal., which is 12AM at Eastern time. So, I think it will be 9 PM Feb. 2nd on Pacific Time.

9. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

Wait, what the hell? 650 for 16 gb iphone? I thought it was 199?

10. rocknroll thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, good to know. It's just strange that a VZ rep would stick important info at the bottom of a random thread. I mean this is info many people would like to know, they could at least announce it to the general public first.

11. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

So we know this preorders on 2/3 are for current Verizon customers only. But how will this work, exactly? Is this only for shipping the phone to your home, or is it for in-store pick-up? I mean, even though we can preorder on the 3rd, we still have to wait until 2/10 to actually get the phone, right?

Secondly, do we know that they will be offering the phone at full retail price for preorder on 2/3, or will we have to wait until 2/10 to get the phone off-contract?

12. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Two words: Subsidized pricing.

13. rocknroll thread starter macrumors newbie

Honestly, nobody knows yet. But I would assume it would work the same way as when the iPhone was first released with at&t. Hopefully, Apple and Verizon have learned a thing or two and it wont be as slow and screwed up as it was then though.

14. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

That's for the non-contract price.

Verizon needs to announce plan prices. I have a sneaky suspicion they will make some changes in that department. If it were using one of their current plans they could have just said that at the announcement and been done with it.

15. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

I also think it's kind of odd that a promotion for free unlimited calling for smartphones ends close to the launch

16. landscapeman macrumors regular

Strategic. Why offer a deal when they'll be droves of people signing up. Cold if you ask me.

17. stu00a macrumors member

Here's my experience with my pre-order Droid X.

You will have to do F5 refreshs like 10 second before 9PM(PST) or 12AM(EST), so when you see it you will have the option, 2year contract, 1 year contract, and full retail with no contract. You just order like the other phones. And It will be shipped to your door when release day OR a day before if you are in luck.

As I know right now, I talked with several Verizon Reps couple hours ago if they are going to offer 1 year contract and full retail price and they said yes. It seems like 1 year contract will be $70 extra, but I am not sure about the price.

Before I pre-order my Driod X back in July, I was forum member of Droid X forum, and they always predicted that "there won't be 1 year contract or full retail price purchase", but there always were 1 year contract and no contract.

BUT THIS IS IPHONE, SO WE NEVER KNOW UNTIL VERIZON RELEASE THEIR PLAN

18. Squiddoo macrumors newbie

is this for iphone 4??? or the new iphone 5 ive been heareing about?? im srry i dont know about phones i just got a iphone 4 from my dad for college