Carrier Verizon Quietly Extends iPhone Trade in Promotion

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I hadn't seen this is the news, so I decided to go ahead and start a new thread. For those wanting to to trade in older Verizon iPhones for the iPhone 6, Verizon has quietly extended the promotion deadline by two weeks. The original deadline was 9/30, but the FAQ now reads 10/13. Happy hunting.

What can I get when I trade in my old iPhone?

Trade-in your old iPhone and purchase a new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus with a new Verizon Edge agreement, a 2-year contract, or if you pay full retail price for a new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus through 10/15/14 you'll receive:

• A $300 Verizon Wireless Gift Card when you trade in your old iPhone 5s.
  • A $200 Verizon Wireless Gift Card when you trade in your old iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, or iPhone 5c.
Note: The iPhone Trade-in offer can only be redeemed at a Verizon Wireless retail store or online at verizonwireless.com.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Thanks for the heads up Will :)

Now I wonder if they will extend the $60/mo 2gb plan as well...

Either way, it's strange to me to see no difference in price between the 4 and the 5 for trade-in value :confused:

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

Either way, it's strange to me to see no difference in price between the 4 and the 5 for trade-in value :confused:
Though it is a "discounted plan," I didn't know that I had a promo end date.

I also think it's odd that the 4 & 5 fetch the same amount.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Though it is a "discounted plan," I didn't know that I had a promo end date.
Yeah, you are probably right. I thought I had seen it somewhere that the $60/2gb plan was a 'limited time' sort of thing but that could have just been the site I read it from jumping to conclusions. Sorry for the confusion :eek:

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Yeah, you are probably right. I thought I had seen it somewhere that the $60/2gb plan was a 'limited time' sort of thing but that could have just been the site I read it from jumping to conclusions. Sorry for the confusion :eek:
No worries. I had had the sea thought and asked a few reps. They all gave me the, "Any promotion may expire at any time, but we don't haven't been given any information regarding this promotion."

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma

I just went to the $60/mo 2gb plan (it's a "loyalty plan" good for a year) and I'm hoping to be able to keep it when I get an iPhone 6. The regular price for that plan would be $ 90.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I just went to the $60/mo 2gb plan (it's a "loyalty plan" good for a year) and I'm hoping to be able to keep it when I get an iPhone 6. The regular price for that plan would be $ 90.
Really? Only a year plan? That's odd, no? Is it in writing anywhere?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
not advertised - I have been customer of Verizon since 2001, wanted to get unlimited nationwide calling, and the rep at the Verizon store set it up for me.
I've spoken to several reps and all of the conversations went something like this:

Christine: With the Single Line Plan, it is not a contract. Because with the plans, you are able to change them at anytime! :)
Will: And if it is a 1-year agreement, what happens in 12 months (b/c I'm assuming that if one purchased a subsidized device, they'd still be obligated to stay with VZW for another 12 months).
Will: E.g. If I purchased an iPhone 6 w/subsidized pricing and switched to the Single Line plan, does that plan expire in 12 months? If so, what would my choices be?
Christine: It would be that there is no time limit that you have to be on the SIngle LIne Plan. The only thing that has contracts through Verizon are the phones.
Christine: It would not expire. Your going to have that plan as long as you say you want it! :)

gooberq

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2009
I've spoken to several reps and all of the conversations went something like this:
Does any one know if att will extend it. Itired a trade in with iphone 4 power button not working, they offered me 9 $ :(.

Looking to fix the power button and try again.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Does any one know if att will extend it. Itired a trade in with iphone 4 power button not working, they offered me 9 $ :(.

Looking to fix the power button and try again.
That's a different topic for a different thread. (I have no idea, BTW.)

vsuri

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Really? Only a year plan? That's odd, no? Is it in writing anywhere?
If you switch to this contract, your contract will be set to expire one year from the date of switch, unless you already have a contract that is valid for more than 1 year into the future.

You'll continue to get the $60/mo price after the contract expires.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.