Carrier Verizon recovery boxes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Griff48, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Griff48 macrumors newbie

I hope this doesn't sound too dumb, but here goes.

I ordered two iphone 7's from Verizon, and received them yesterday. I also received two recovery boxes to use for returning the old phones. Problem is, I cannot tell which phone goes in which return box! Does anyone know if it matters which phone goes in which return box??

Thanks for any insight!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. tomklyn macrumors newbie

tomklyn

Just put them in the padded bags and throw them in the box and put on the shipping label won't matter what bag you put them

4. vikingblood macrumors newbie

You should have had shipping emails for the boxes from Verizon. The emails have the tracking number and the associated phone number. Match the tracking number on the box to the one in the email and then look at the associated phone number in the same email.

5. tomklyn macrumors newbie

tomklyn

I got two phone in one box with two padded envelopes and one return label

6. Griff48 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. Both boxes / emails have the same phone number. What worries me is if even the slightest thing isn't correct, they might try to tell me the phones weren't returned.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 20, 2016 ---
    That isn't as easy as it sounds. Why I am here:)

7. jdsmitty10 macrumors member

Both of my emails have the same number too. I'm guessing it doesn't matter. I put a phone in each box and shipped them out

8. Griff48 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried calling Verizon after giving up on Chat. They answered right away! Anyway, rep said it doesn't matter which box since they scan the phone anyway. She also put a note in my account that I had called and inquired and what her anwer was.

Thanks for the responses!

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's the first thing I would do is call 611 instead of posting a thread and waiting for random strangers to answer my questions without having any actual valid information about my order, account or exact situation.
    And here you are 4 days later and you're still not sure what to do and worried you might have problems.
    Glad you did not follow my bad advice though:D

10. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

FWIW, 2 years ago I did a mail return and didn't bother to keep the return slip with the tracking number. Verizon billed me $380 out of the blue a few months later saying they never got the phone.

Keep that slip. Thankfully, I had an old friend who is a region Verizon rep and he got them to comp the $380 rather than lose a customer.

11. Griff48 thread starter macrumors newbie

My 'Thank you for your replies' was meant for you as well. FWIW.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Fantastic, I saw at the end that they spoke to you and made notations to your account. ;)