Verizon Replacement Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JakeT85, Nov 14, 2014.

1. JakeT85 macrumors regular

JakeT85

Hey guys, I have a question about getting a Verizon replacement. I have an iPhone 6 that I ordered through our Verizon business account at work. The device shipped on October 16 and was activated October 20. I noticed today that my front facing camera had shifted off center and called Verizon to see if since I was in my 30 day return window (business account) if I should call apple or if Verizon would process a replacement.

Verizon said that they would process the replacement since I was in my initial return period. They e-mailed me an order number and location number and the e-mail says they will notify me when my product has shipped. My question is has anyone ever gotten a replacement in the initial return period on a new device, and if so, is it a replacement/remanufactured phone through the carrier or do they send a completely new in the box phone and accessories?

Curious because the phone new in box is on backorder and will not ship for a few weeks which is fine because my phone is usable as it is; however, I am on 8.1 for jailbreak and don't want the 8.1.1 update to come on the new phone so that I lose the jailbreak. Do they have white box replacements that they have a stockpile of for replacements or since I have an order number and was told I will be notified when it is available to ship does that mean most likely new and waiting?

Thanks for any input.

2. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

When Apple replaces a device within the 14 day return period and mails it to you, it is called an express replacement. The phone is a service unit which may or may not be new. It arrives in a white box without the accessories so it's not a retail unit. Unfortunately, I do not know how the carriers handle this, but it sounds like it's going to be new since you have an order number and the phone is currently backordered.