Verizon restocking fee on 5c?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by California, Apr 11, 2014.

1. California macrumors 68040

California

My elderly mom got talked into a green iPhone 5c. I don't want her going past snow leopard and ios6. Verizon is telling me there is a 130 dollar restocking fee. Is this correct? Yes she opened up the box.

At Apple there was never a charge, I don't get where Verizon thinks this is ok?

2. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

$130? haha man you're getting ripped off

3. I7guy macrumors G5

Apple, i believe now charges a restocking fee.

Did you go past the return period from Verizon?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What do you mean she got talked in?
    She cant make her own choices? And what do you mean you don't want her going past ios 6?
    Sounds like maybe you're too controlling and should let her enjoy the device she picked instead.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

they do not.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

Different retailers have different fees.

When I google Verizon's, this pops up:

----------

They recently changed the return window from 30 days to 14 days, but still no restock fee.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Verizon's restocking fees are definitely not so high (as someone mentioned before). Resellers might have their own though, but something rather crazy like over $100 or even close to it shouldn't hold up really even if they try to pull it odd somehow.

8. California thread starter macrumors 68040

California

She's elderly and I don't want her on any device that I myself don't understand. We both run Snow Leopard and have NO plans for upgrading to iTunes 11 or anything past 10.6.8.

----------

Yes they tricked an elderly couple into upgrading and were trying to lie to me about restocking fees.

I'm about to put my mom on the original iPhone that I bought for her back in 2007. Not kidding.

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

Is this a Verizon-run company store or one of the gazillion independently-owned Verizon resellers?

Well if you're going back to the original iPhone, that's obviously not going to use Verizon's network.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You don't understand ios 7?:confused:

11. California thread starter macrumors 68040

California

I want to be able to use PPC machines if I need to for both my mom and myself.

Will be canceling my Applecare plus on my own phone as Apple cannot give me a replacement phone with iOS6 installed...

12. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

You have been around the block according to the thousands of post you have, and you still don't understand Apples policy with getting another phone with the current iOS on it ? Not to mention that Apple does not give a hoot if you drop AppleCare Plus or not, which will hurt you not them in the long run if something happens to your iPhone. Boy are you confused.

13. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

My parents are using 5c iOS7 and its a lot better for them to use that with iOS6. The main thing is the text is better. Plus you don't need to use a computer every day to manage the iPhone. My parents sit down with me each month to learn something new on the ipHone. Or you can take your mom to the Apple store and learn there.

Everything I see on the Mac pre Maverick is on the iPhone. So it shouldn't be hard for you to learn on the iPhone especially when there are a ton of reviews on youtube, and Apple has several info How Tos on their site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih2q6EZHBdg

http://support.apple.com/basics/iphone

14. California thread starter macrumors 68040

California

Can't run PPC machines on iOS7.

----------

I gave up. Not happy about it.