Verizon rolling over data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrlcopy, Jan 9, 2015.

1. jrlcopy macrumors 6502

jrlcopy

So I went over my data last month with Verizon, I'm on a 2GB plan and then I normally pay $10 for every GB I go over.

But I noticed with my new bill that I wasn't charged for my overage last month and they had this little line.
    "Unbilled Usage from Previous Months
    (Data usage is applied against any remaining allowance for the month in which the usage occurred.)"

I have never had this happen before and couldn't find any news articles about Verizon also adding rollover data. But thought I would post! And guessing this stems from T-Mobile and ATT adding it.

Attached Files:

2. Bahroo macrumors 68000

so in layman's terms, you basically got a extra gig of data that was unused from the previous month? can you confirm that fully? like at the Verizon Wireless website

3. ravage73 macrumors newbie

verizon doing nice things for its customers.... yeah right.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

That isn't rollover, that's late billing for data charges you previously accrued. For some reason, they're just not charging you for it. Presumably this is because you didn't go over in the month for which that applies.

5. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

It's going to take a lot for Big Red to get on the rollover data bandwagon. If I remember right they didn't even do rollover minutes back in the day.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Verizon will jump on board. I can almost guarantee it. Lately it's been a marching game. These aren't the carriers we had five years ago.

7. EOB macrumors regular

Yea, I am on the 10gb data plan and currently use up around 7-8gb, I am hoping eventually they will start rolling over.

I am hoping most major wireless carriers will start doing this for a couple of years and then make data unlimited again, just like minutes. Cant wait until this happens.

8. 617aircav Suspended

Verizon will roll over data, for one moth which defeats the who purpose.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've been a customer for years and never saw VZW do this. Unless they changed to compete with T-Mo, and ATT, I don't think its roll over.

10. chrfr macrumors 603

There's no way they'd have made this change secretly, without fanfare.

11. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

They'll charge you. Wait next month when your bill is higher. Happened to me a few times.

----------

Unfortunately I doubt they'll recover unlimited data. I wish they would but I just don't see it happening.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, and that's my point :)

13. smirking macrumors 6502a

I'd love to see data roll over myself. If they did that, I'd actually upgrade from my stingy 500Mb/month plan and leave it upgraded instead of changing my plan only when I go on the road and need the extra data.

I don't want to see unlimited data though. What I would do with unlimited data and high speeds wouldn't be pretty and you wouldn't want to see how badly I'd abuse it. I'd cancel my ISP service and just use my Verizon hotspot. I can easily eat up 20Gb in a single day.