Verizon saying I can switch lines to keep my unlimited data plan.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Olivia23, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I called verizon and spoke to two different reps. The first rep said I could buy the new iphone on another basic phone line then when I get the phone I can switch it to my line. I then told the rep that online verizon is saying they are closing that loophole. She said she hadn't heard then spoke to her supervisor who said they are closing that loophole and if I do that, I will lose my unlimited anyway.
    She said the only way to keep my unlimited was to buy the phone full price.

I then called verizon again and spoke to a different rep who said I can use the switch method to keep my unlimited. When I informed him of what the other rep and the supervisor said, he told me that he just did it yesterday and it worked fine and unless they plan on closing the loophole by Friday then they don't know about it.

I've decided I'm going to try anyway. If they tell me I lose it then I'll just have to but I got to try. Also they said I can add a 10 gb data plan to my line. That's the highest plan they have. This month I've used 15 gb so far lol. Also the rep said that they will also open their phone lines Friday at 3am for orders and that if I want to give them my work address for shipping then I will have to call them.

2. mac.cali macrumors 65816

If you purchase it on the basic line, you will be required to carry the $30 2gb plan for the remaining the contract even if you want to add the feature phone. It's not a requirement.

3. Olivia23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

The verizon reps said I wouldn't. I am hoping they are right.