Verizon Series 3 Review

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by BigAppleNYC123, Sep 28, 2017.

1. BigAppleNYC123 macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

The good:
    - I can make calls with my phone in airplane mode
    - the battery life is mind blowing
    - performance is very solid
    - hand writing recognition is okay if you’re okay with random capitalized letters

The bad:
    - 2GB music limit remains (are you kidding me Tim!?)
    - app library is less robust than even iPad

Summary: I take it to take my dog walking with only my keys. It is nice to Not carry a phone or wallet. I look forward to biking with it. I don’t treat it as a phone replacement, and it isn’t. It is the ultimate iPhone accessory.

2. riverfreak macrumors 65816

riverfreak

Others are reporting here that there is no 2GB limit, and in fact the storage allocation toggle for Music is no longer present in Watch OS4.

3. BigAppleNYC123 thread starter macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

Plenty of users are also reporting that they are encountering a 2GB limit. Apple hasn’t sorted this out.

4. riverfreak macrumors 65816

riverfreak

I’m not doubting you. I’m curious about the disparity of observation — and the disappearance of the toggle for specifying how much space to allocate to storage.

5. igrover macrumors regular

igrover

I currently have 880 songs with 5.4GB available memory on my Verizon watch. You need to install the iOS 11.01 update which gives you the ability to add more music to the watch. I was literally in the process of transferring songs to the watch when the update was released and was having problems surpassing the 2GB limit. Stopped transferring music, installed the update and immediately was able to add more music.

I treat mine as a phone replacement in those situations when I need a phone replacement otherwise it works for my needs perfectly.

6. BigAppleNYC123 thread starter macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

I think they have a fortunate bug. The rest of us have software that tells us we can’t get passed 2GB.
    Thanks for the tip