Verizon service today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chugbug, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Chugbug macrumors newbie

I currently have Verizon for phone service as well as a USB data for our laptop and desktop (we don't have any cable or hardwire phone line service). I got home tonight and just got on line and I sure hope what I'm seeing is not whats coming......normally surfing the web on the laptop / desktop is pretty good not blazing fast but very acceptable...............wwwweeeelllllllllll not tonight got on and download speeds are very slow to say the least, I really didn't want to post this but I got a shower while it was posting :mad::) Seems alot of iphones got delivered today for Verizon and I've seen a very obvious slow down in internet speeds......this may not be good......

Just another note I've tried to post this 3 times now and it says the internet connection has been lost.....not good......also dropped 2 phone calls to verizon to see if there was any reason for the slow internet...........:mad:

2. thetexan macrumors 6502a

Probably just a bunch of Macrumor posters doing speedtests so they can compare e-genital sizes in specific fanboy threads. That or there are issues on your tower/area.

Verizon user here, and everything is business as usual.

3. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

I have Verzion Home Phone service out in Virginia, and are phone is not working, and we do not have a dial tone at all

4. philipb91 macrumors member

dis

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I think you're suffering from Selection Bias. When you're expecting to see a problem, you're going to see it.

Dial tones have nothing to do with the cell service.

6. Chugbug thread starter macrumors newbie

I believe I may be suffering from iphone envy as well. They checked and no problems anywhere they can tell......hoping that verizon doesn't experience the same fate as AT&T. The Rep. said they have been preparing for this rollout, they were helpful as usual. Gotta do some sole searching here in the next month, getting ready to move from a "dumb" phone to an iphone (I think).

7. Chugbug thread starter macrumors newbie

"I think you're suffering from Selection Bias. When you're expecting to see a problem, you're going to see it."

I can say over the last 3.5 years we have never lost phone service here...ever, we were able to access the internet but couldn't go anywhere, pages would not load. I'm hoping for the best!!!!

Update......still losing it.....coming up with Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage....starting to get fustrated. Again this has never happened, service here has always been dead on

8. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

Maybe you're part of Verizon's 5%. Time to get rid of the USB device and get Broadband or FiOS.

9. Chugbug thread starter macrumors newbie

I would agree that its time but wallet is not deep enough, the nearest cable / phone is over a 1/4 mile away and no-one will run it for free:eek: $2500. to run it to the house.....so wireless is the only way we can go for now. Now if anyone would like to volunteer I will supply the refreshments and food.

10. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I called because I was ticked off about poor data speeds and they said there were nationwide service outages :rolleyes: