Verizon signal indoors

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TSX, Mar 19, 2012.

1. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I've been thinking about exchanging my AT&T iPad for a Verizon, Verizon currently has LTE in my area AT&T doesn't. Here at my work I have an AT&T iPhone and get a great signal and great speeds, my friends that have Verizon and sprint 3G and get crappy speeds indoor, but once they step outside they get great speeds. I'm just curious if the same thing happens with Verizon LTE? Also how can you purchase AT&T data and Verizon data on the same device?

2. djmodifyd macrumors regular

I bought a vzw iPad for the same reason. Vzw has lte in my area and AT&T doesn't.

In my house I get 3-4 bars of lte, speed test of about 7mbps down 7-8 up. I haven't been out of my house with my new iPad yet though to test any speed difference, but that's perfectly fine indoors for me!

3. ckiggins macrumors regular

I am sitting inside a Qdoba having lunch and have 5 bars of Verizon LTE right now.

4. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

The thing with LTE is that it's so fast, so even when your not getting a strong signal, the speed will still be good and much better than 3G.

5. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

6. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

Not anymore.

7. cwosigns macrumors 65816

I'm in a two-story building and I get five bars and great speeds indoors, even away from windows and exterior walls.

8. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

Guy at the verizon store told me he could get me a 4gb plan for 20, don't know if i can believe him I've never heard of people getting the "double data" special for iPads.

9. ckiggins, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

ckiggins macrumors regular

If you do get this deal, let me know. I have double data on my phone and as far as I can tell there's no way to get it on the iPad. Would love to get it somehow.