All iPads ? Verizon Sim Deactivation/Reactivation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iZollo, Dec 2, 2013.

1. iZollo macrumors regular

Mar 20, 2012
    I have a Verizon ipad mini retina and I just wanted to know if I activate sim Pre-paid and cancel when not needed and just use a 1 day 5 dollar plan from them before the 5 month deactivation sim will it stay activated for another 5 months
    I just don't want to go through the hassle to get another sim I think paying 5 dollars every 5 months will be easier.
  2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Jun 14, 2010
    I don't know the answer to the question, but suspect it will work.

I'd really suggest you put a T-Mobile SIM in the ipad instead (if you have coverage.) Free 200MB data per month, add additional prepaid data if/when you need it. See other threads regarding getting a T-Mobile SIM for free.

You could also consider grabbing an AT&T SIM; no free data every month, but easy enough to pick up a SIM and just not activate it until you're going to need it.
  3. fanchee macrumors 6502a

Nov 23, 2009
    Yes, you can deactivate, and then activate again as long as it falls within the 5 month span. You can do this multiple times, there is no limit. The only thing is if you wait past the 5 months, it can be a huge pain to try to get a new prepaid sim from Verizon. They'll want to switch you to a postpaid plan.

I used to turn mine on and off all the time when I had prepaid. Then it just made more sense for me to add the iPad to my family share plan for the $10/mo.
  4. iZollo thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 20, 2012
    Thanks everyone

Your responses helped and I will try it get a tmobile sim