Verizon SIM in T-Mobile Iphone 6 - WORKS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tommyleeh, Sep 23, 2014.

1. tommyleeh macrumors newbie

There probably aren't many out there that need to do this, but I can confirm that the T-Mobile unlocked iPhone 6 appears to operate just fine on the Verizon network.

All I did was put the Verizon SIM card from my old iPhone 5 into the 6, and presto, it worked!

I didn't think it would work because my understanding was the Verizon voice used CDMA, but I guess the settings must get transmitted with the SIM swap!

Enjoy.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Is this just on LTE? Able to make calls? Able to get on CDMA 3G, etc?

3. tommyleeh thread starter macrumors newbie

Appears to be fully functioning - yes to all of those questions.

I realized after my post that there was already a thread devoted to this, so my apologies.

This makes the iPhone 6 a very versatile phone. Unlocked, it appears it can handle just about any network thrown at it.

4. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

So which is the better phone to buy? The no contract T-Mobile version from Apple.com? Or the Verizon version at full price?

5. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

So is the verizon 6 and 6+ model still factory unlocked like it wad with the 5 and 5s?

I thought that was a function of verizon's use of the 700mhz LTE band

6. winterton macrumors newbie

Yep. I think the two models are the same. I popped my Verizon SIM in while I wait for my TMobile one to arrive (ordered postpaid service online) and works perfectly on LTE.

7. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

I posted about this on the 19th heh
    I happy more people find out

8. Truefan31, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Verizon SIM in T-Mobile Iphone 6 - WORKS

Interesting. So getting the no contract 6 thru apple should make it unlocked for gsm and Verizon

I wonder though it's because you already had an activated Verizon sim. Like if u try a new Verizon sim it might not activate

9. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

That's what I am wondering. I am thinking of buying an iPhone 6 from Best Buy, but the Verizon full-price version even though I only intend to ever put in is a T-Mobile SIM.

10. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

This is a good thing to know as I just purchased the T-Mobile unlocked iPhone 6 direct from Apple. So far I have only tested it with my AT&T sim which works great. I'll have to try it with a Verizon sim some time.

11. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

SIM activation requires a whitelisted IMEI/MEID. This'll probably be similar to the situation with the iPad Air and rMini. If you have a working Verizon SIM, just pop it in and it'll work. If not, don't expect to get any help from Verizon.

12. cnotes2019 Suspended

I wonder if someone has tried a sprint phone to confirm it won't work with another sim