Verizon Single Line Plan and Apple Upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by puma1552, Sep 9, 2015.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

Last year I signed up for the special Verizon 2GB single line plan with a new 64GB iPhone 6 on a 2 year contract, where I have 2 gigs of data and unlimited talk and text for $60, $66 all-in with taxes and fees.

I wasn't planning on upgrading, but now I might thanks to Apple's new plan.

So if I understand this right, I would still have my plan that costs $66/month from Verizon, but then I would just pay an extra $35-$40 to Apple to get a new 6S, and nothing out of pocket ever to get a new phone? So instead of paying $66/month and $300 every two years for a new phone, I would just perpetually pay roughly $100/month and never shell out for a new phone, just trading in each year?

And I could sell my iPhone 6 now?

2. flur macrumors 68000

That sounds about right.

3. swedegirl macrumors regular

Same thing as sticking it on a low rate creditcard and buying it out right. Except they will do a credit check and it will lower your score....

4. flur macrumors 68000

One credit check won't have an impact. It's when you have a number of them in a short period of time that it hurts you.

The other option is to buy it from Verizon on 0% financing (better than you're going to get on any credit card), and they don't have to do a credit check as they already did one when you signed up for your contract.

5. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks, I guess in the end I'd rather pony up $300 (x2 for me and my wife) every other year rather than lay out an extra $80 a month

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Don't forget, there are also Verizon Loyalty plans: 1 year agreement, 1GB of data, unlimited talk/text for $50/ mo.