Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
i recall reading there was this unadvertised plan. has anyone signed up for it? does it expire after 12 months or would it be good at least for the length of the two year contract?

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
i recall reading there was this unadvertised plan. has anyone signed up for it? does it expire after 12 months or would it be good at least for the length of the two year contract?

Never heard of this, only of their 2GB plan for $60.

https://slickdeals.net/coupons/verizon/

It started back in April, not sure if it's still available since no one has replied about it on slickdeals in over a month and a half (last post was on 8-8-14).

Basically it's YMMV, call up verizon and start hammering away at reps to see if it's still available.

p.s. this plan doesn't qualify for any corporate employee discount (but does include the subsidized phone every 2-years).

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
It's 2gb, $60/month for 2 year contract or $50/month with EDGE. $15 for every gig of overage.

Not too bad of a plan if that is all you need.

Single Line Plan

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

It's 2gb, $60/month for 2 year contract or $50/month with EDGE. $15 for every gig of overage.

Not too bad of a plan if that is all you need.

Single Line Plan

You need to start reading the thread before posting matter-of-fact statements ;)

OP and post #3 are obviously talking about a different plan.

Ok, I just got off of VZW Customer Service Chat, and the rep told me that the $50/1GB & unlimited Talk + Text is still a line that available, but only through the special services & customer retention departments, and it's only available for individuals (2 of these lines can't be put on 1 account/bill).

Just thought everyone should know.

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Ok, I just got off of VZW Customer Service Chat, and the rep told me that the $50/1GB & unlimited Talk + Text is still a line that available, but only through the special services & customer retention departments, and it's only available for individuals (2 of these lines can't be put on 1 account/bill).

Just thought everyone should know.

thanks for the follow-up. this is really helpful info.

did you end up being able to work with special services and customer retention dept to get the plan? what is the overage charge for the 1gb of DATA limit?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
thanks for the follow-up. this is really helpful info.

did you end up being able to work with special services and customer retention dept to get the plan? what is the overage charge for the 1gb of DATA limit?

I was not able to b/c the wife & I have a Share Everything plan and want to keep everything on 1 account/bill.

I would imagine (and this is 100% pure speculation) that overage would be the same ballpark as their loyalty and single line plans ($10-$15/GB).

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
I was not able to b/c the wife & I have a Share Everything plan and want to keep everything on 1 account/bill.

I would imagine (and this is 100% pure speculation) that overage would be the same ballpark as their loyalty and single line plans ($10-$15/GB).

got it. i had read in another thread that overage might be $10 per 500mb. if that's the case, then i have less reason to switch given the rate i seem to be going at since going to V. (i used to use 700-800mb a month on ATT, but it seems i'm using more with my iphone6...maybe it's the newness of it all :) )

but if i could get $50/mo with a $10/mo overage charge per gb, that would make total sense :)

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
got it. i had read in another thread that overage might be $10 per 500mb. if that's the case, then i have less reason to switch given the rate i seem to be going at since going to V. (i used to use 700-800mb a month on ATT, but it seems i'm using more with my iphone6...maybe it's the newness of it all :) )

but if i could get $50/mo with a $10/mo overage charge per gb, that would make total sense :)

How long ago did you switch?

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
FWIW I swtiched over to the 2GB $60/mo promo. The promo is good for 12 months. It doesn't affect the date that you're eligible for your next phone upgrade. After the 12 month promo period is up, I *believe* it continues on month to month until you upgrade your phone again - at which point they will likely force you onto whatever comparable plan they have at that time.

The rep I spoke to on the phone didn't really seem to know much about this promo and couldn't offer much info on it - I pretty much had to walk her through it. I think worst case scenario though, after the 12 month promo is up you'll have to move over to whatever comparable plan they have available at that time (rather than continuing on month to month on the promo).

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
How long ago did you switch?

oh: i perhaps wasn't clear: i did not switch, yet.

i started this thread to learn more :)

i'm currently on the $60 unlimited text/talk + 2gb plan. it fits my needs well although i was inquiring at the thought that i potentially could save a few more bucks a month if i found i wasn't regularly exceeding 1gb of data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.