Carrier Verizon Single line plan promotion ended...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Derek87, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Derek87 macrumors 6502

so, i happened to notice today that Verizon's promotion for the unlimited 2gb/unlimited text and talk for $60 is over. it's back to $75 for that same plan, and $60 for a 1gb version.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/shop/shop-data-plans/single-line-data-plans.html

not sure if this affects anyone, but i thought people might want to know.

(oddly, i'm considering leaving verizon from the promotional $60/2gb plan if they let me avoid the ETF due to poor data coverage along my commute -- which shocked me coming from AT&T. i guess as they say "the grass is always greener..." but maybe they will shock me and find that the tower in this problem area is malfunctioning or upgrades are imminent....)

2. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Maybe it is calculated for 1 year from the date you got that specific plan.

----------

Also, contact their termination dept, they "might" reinstate that plan as a deterrent from you leaving.

3. Derek87 thread starter macrumors 6502

i think you misunderstood my original post. i was basically doing a public service announcement.

i have that 2gb $60 plan for the life of my two year contract (at least). i was just adding on an unrelated tidbit that as good a deal as the promotion was, i was potentially planning on leaving it behind. the rep i spoke today who open a service ticket for me acknowledged that if they confirm the poor data service at the location i noted exists and its not fixable, i could leave my contract and have the ETF waived.

4. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

They're advertising it as $60--with an Edge plan. It's indeed now $75 with a two year contract. And the single line 1 GB plan is now $60 on a two-year contract, or $45 with Edge.

5. NewVZcustomer macrumors member

They're running commercials on it already, 45 for 1 gb *with edge* 60 without

Too slow!

6. chrfr macrumors 603

Supposedly the higher priced version of the plan includes hotspot capability which the lower priced version did not include.

7. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

Hotspot capability with a hard 1 or 2 GB cap and ridiculous overage fees? Wow, what a great benefit!

8. chrfr macrumors 603

Yeah, a real bargain.

9. Compa49 macrumors newbie

I'm glad I saw this promotion a few months ago and signed on. I was on an old limited minutes/text/1gb plan that was more. When I called I was told I could get a 2gb plan for customer loyalty by signing a 1yr agreement. Since I knew I was going to get a new iPhone when they were released I knew I would be renewing it for two years anyway so that didn't matter to me. I think it is a good deal. Sprint is $50 and their coverage is not near as good as Verizon. Sure they have unlimited data but considering I don't come close to using all my data it doesn't benefit me.