Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I agree I think I might move to Att after my lines come off contract in the next 6-9 months if Verizon doesn't offer a similar deal when you are off contract

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
I agree I think I might move to Att after my lines come off contract in the next 6-9 months if Verizon doesn't offer a similar deal when you are off contract

Yeah they are lagging behind all the carriers and now they are offering Free activation and just launched this "Smart Rewards" program. Just a big slap in the face at this point and I'm looking to do the same this is no where near good enough.

blarivee

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
US
I recalled when un-carrier started, Verizon said they will not compete since their coverage will speak for itself. Translation, our customers will pay whatever prices we tell them to pay.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
I recalled when un-carrier started, Verizon said they will not compete since their coverage will speak for itself. Translation, our customers will pay whatever prices we tell them to pay.

Maybe true, but now with t-mobile paying ETF's people who are willing to try have nothing to loose. Also it's still surprising Verizon has not copied ATT's motions either.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca

My service has been stellar with verizon however with 3 of my 4 lines ending contracts in July -they better have something because $45 is a nice discount.

16 years with sprint taught me never be loyal to a carrier.

I read somewhere Verizon wasn't affected with TMobile Un Carrier move but I wonder now that they paying efts how that will work out lastly if Att started paying efts for Verizon I would be on it the first day.

blarivee

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
US
My service has been stellar with verizon however with 3 of my 4 lines ending contracts in July -they better have something because $45 is a nice discount.

16 years with sprint taught me never be loyal to a carrier.

I read somewhere Verizon wasn't affected with TMobile Un Carrier move but I wonder now that they paying efts how that will work out lastly if Att started paying efts for Verizon I would be on it the first day.

You can use T-Mobile to pay your ETF and then move to AT&T, unless T-Mobile has poor coverage where you are.

Of course Verizon are not affected, existing customers are gladly willing to pad their pockets. I remember reading an article saying Verizon customers pays the highest monthly bills out of all the four major carriers. It's highly unlikely they will have any out of contract discounts considering more subscribers signed up for them last quarter. Verizon market themselves as a premium service, like Apple do.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009

By the same token, Like T-Mobile, VZW added 1.4 million customers so they must be doing something right.

I'm a VZW customer and I'm curious about this smart rewards. I'll have to read up on it more.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
You can use T-Mobile to pay your ETF and then move to AT&T, unless T-Mobile has poor coverage where you are.

Of course Verizon are not affected, existing customers are gladly willing to pad their pockets. I remember reading an article saying Verizon customers pays the highest monthly bills out of all the four major carriers. It's highly unlikely they will have any out of contract discounts considering more subscribers signed up for them last quarter. Verizon market themselves as a premium service, like Apple do.

I just saw a comparison of 4 lines where ATT was more expensive than verizon. There are do many variables a blanket statement like verizon is more expensive than ATT doesn't hold water.

I'm a customer that will never leave them as I am grandfathered into a cheap plan with unlimited data on my 5s.

blarivee

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
US
Last edited:

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I just saw a comparison of 4 lines where ATT was more expensive than verizon. There are do many variables a blanket statement like verizon is more expensive than ATT doesn't hold water.

I'm a customer that will never leave them as I am grandfathered into a cheap plan with unlimited data on my 5s.

The keyword is "grandfathered". When comparing the costs of the carriers they go based off the current plans that are offered to new customers. Not grandfathered plans or any plans with special discounts or perks. So by that metric, Verizon is the most expensive carrier. Though AT&T is extremely close in price to the point where it's almost negligible anyway.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

Right, but when you get right down to costing a specific plan for a family, it could swing either way as in the comparison I just read. In the end do YOU care about some aggregated statistic or what you actually pay for a plan on a specific carrier?

----------

The keyword is "grandfathered". When comparing the costs of the carriers they go based off the current plans that are offered to new customers. Not grandfathered plans or any plans with special discounts or perks. So by that metric, Verizon is the most expensive carrier. Though AT&T is extremely close in price to the point where it's almost negligible anyway.

Yep, i am lucky, although ive been with verizon for 15 years. Imo, you get what you pay for in coverage.

patt2k

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2012
I wonder when this will be availiable in NYC. Doesn't look so bad since I pay for example all my bills online :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.