Verizon Smartphones talk free.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pomeless, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Pomeless macrumors regular

This deall just keeps looking better for me!! I hope everything goes smoothly. Anything you guys think that I should be aware of?

Here are the details of the promotion from the Verizon website:

Receive a $9.99/month credit on your bill for each secondary line you activate or upgrade to a Smartphone on a Nationwide Family SharePlan® starting at $69.99 monthly access for first 2 lines (Plus other charges). Additional Smartphones require $29.99 data pak.

* Save $9.99/month when you add a line
    * Get UNLIMITED Mobile to Mobile Calling with any other Verizon Wireless customer
    * Get UNLIMITED Night & Weekend Minutes
    * Plus, get America's Largest and Most Reliable Network

Offer valid for new and first time Smartphone purchasers with a 2yr agreement on a Nationwide Family SharePlan. Free based on receiving $9.99/month per line of credit for 24 months.

How it works:

* After you submit your order, you will receive an email confirming your eligibility for the promotion. Once you receive and activate your device(s), we will send a confirmation letter for your records.
    Note: The $9.99 credit will NOT appear on your shopping cart or receipt after purchase.
    * For each smartphone on a secondary line of service, you will receive a $9.99 credit starting with your first bill for up to 24 months. After 24 months, the $9.99 credit will expire.

2. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

I heard this expired at the end of January, which means it won't be available for iPhone users. Hope I'm wrong, but that's what I heard.

3. Pomeless thread starter macrumors regular

I did an online chat with an agent and I specifically told her that I intended pre-ordering an iPhone on the 3rd she took a minute or two to respond to my question and confirmed that I could. We'll see!

4. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Just keep in mind that if you have an unlimited TALK or TEXT plan (or both) that after the 2nd line on the family plan, the remaining lines are $49.99 a month. In other words- line 2 is $9.99 then, lines 3 through whatever are $49.99 if you're on an unlimited plan.

Which is something I never knew and we've been with Verizon for 10 years. Only reason I stumbled upon that is because I was trying to add a line to get the upgrade price on the iPhone.

May not apply to many but, just a heads up. We have no landline and make a ton of business calls se we need unlimited talk.

5. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Doesn't AT&T also have free mobile to mobile?

6. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Yep.. free m2m and free night and weekends.
    They've done this for all AT&T/Cingular phones since the Cingular days.
    Love my rollover minutes too. They come in handy around the holidays and birthdays.

7. a.jfred macrumors 6502

I'm on the lowest AT&T talk plan, which is 450 "anytime" minutes, 5000 night & weekend minutes, unlimited M2M (unless you're in the "night" or "weekend" range, in which case, it comes out of your Night & Weekend minutes), and rollover.

I end up having roll over minutes expire, because I never use them. I think, in the 5-6 years I've been an AT&T customer, I've gone into my roll over minutes exactly twice.

8. Pomeless thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up. It's just me and the Mrs. so we should be good. Basically get I'll her line for free if they still run the promo. I had another chat with another agent and they said it may or may not be available. Guess we'll just have to see come the 3rd!!

9. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

No problemo just thought I'd mention that. Silly me, thinking I was smart, I'll just add a 3rd line for $9.99 and get a cheap iPhone! NOPE! $49.99 per month for that 3rd line! Do the match on that for 24 months..definitely not cheaper than just paying retail on the phone and selling my Droid and hanging onto my upgrade in October for the next ViPhone.

If you're not on unlimited talk or text all the lines are $9.99 though, or free or whatever the deal is.

10. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

This has always been the case since as far as I can remember.. This isn't new.

You can also text for free with another verizon customer.

11. saberahul macrumors 68040

Yes

Not true.

12. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

most plans on Verizon, family and non-family have free Verizon to Verizon and Free Nights & weekends (aka unlimited) just the same verbiage as in this specific ad.
    As with my small family plan I have the cheapest talk & text share plan with mobile to mobile (vz to vz) and free nights & weekends.
    So i think the article is alittle confusing to new users towards verizon when its always included not just with this plan.

So all this plan does is give you is your new smartphone line free without having to pay the 9.99$ fee each month.

13. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

I know that our text plan includes unlimited free text messages to other Verizon customers. I cannot remember however if we had to sign up for a specific texting plan to get that "bonus". Probably did though.