Verizon Store Mgr: 6+ Availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EW800, Sep 16, 2014.

1. EW800 macrumors 6502

I know we have to take this with a grain of salt, as many times I think many of us know more than some of the carrier employees, but just thought I would share what my wife and I were told last night in regard to the 6+ models.

My wife and I stopped at an Orange County, CA Verizon store last night, as my wife need to pick-up an accessory. I got into a decent conversation with the manager of the store (general manager?). We were talking about all the interest that there appears to be for the iPhone 6 and 6+ and the tons inquiries that are being made in the store about availability, lines and so on.

This manager told me that her District Manager informed her yesterday morning that he received word that the supply of 6+ models available for Friday will be very limited. She went on to say that he stated that with the 9 different variations of the 6+, coupled with the limited availability, that is is very likely that most stores may not receive all 9 variations and may only get a couple of a few of them. She stated that the main reason for the conversation with her District Manager was that they are a bit concerned about how many unhappy people there could be with such small supply, or no supply of some models.

She did advise me that she was also told, as I think most of us have already pieced together, that the availability of the 6 models should be a non-issue for most of the variations.

It will be interesting to see what really happens on Friday!

2. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Heard the same when I went to my local AT&T store to ask for cases. 6+ will be pretty hard to get.

6 will be stocked in good amounts.