Verizon & T-Mobile iPhone 6S the Same model?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Coleman2010, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

On the LTE page it shows the same model numbers for the 6S and 6S Plus then lists U.S. networks as Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon.

Am I reading this correct? It's the same model?

iPhone 6s
    Model A1638 (GSM)
    Model A1638 (CDMA)

iPhone 6s Plus
    Model A1687 (GSM)
    Model A1687 (CDMA)
    United States
    • Sprint
    • T-Mobile
    • Verizon

2. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

This is why im so confused about because an apple rep told me I could use the t-mobile version with verizon, but when I pre-ordered it, it says "T-mobile (GSM)" verizon is CDMA so how could it work with VRZ???

3. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

Last years model had both radios activated. I'd assume this year would be the same considering the same model numbers.

4. Zauberer macrumors regular

I think it just means that with Verizon, you are defaulted to using CDMA and in TMobile you are defaulted to using GSM. That's how I interpret that information anyway. Someone more qualified can feel free to correct me.

5. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

I'm on Verizon and had issues buying a phone outright with my UDP. so I ended up buying the t mobile GSM version but I'm pretty sure I can just throw my nano sim in there.

My brother in law is using my nano sim in the Verizon version of the 6 i bought last year with no issues.

6. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

When you add the T-Mobile version to the cart it shows Part number: MKV12LL/A. Can someone post the Verizon part number to see if it's the same?

7. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

Yes I would like to know this too, what is the Verizon part numbers ?

8. terraphantm macrumors 68040

It won't be the same part number, but that doesn't mean the phones won't be the same

9. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

If they are selling the same models and they can be activated on either network it could be the same part number.

10. terraphantm macrumors 68040

It won't be the same part number. Every carrier, storage capacity, and color get their own part number

11. zzoomp09 macrumors 6502

zzoomp09

I bought a TMo iPhone6 last year, used it for 2 months with TMo, moved to VZW with the same phone, no issues at all. In fact, I'm still switching sims every now and then with both carriers.

I think Verizon started to activate the iPhones through the LTE sims with the 6/6+, the 5S were still using CDMA as their way of activating them.

12. karan.k macrumors member

So will a T-Mobile phone function fully on a Verizon sim, inducing LTE ? or maybe its just safe to buy a Verizon iPhone, because I;m sure Verizon iPhones functions fully on the T-mobile network

13. Broadus macrumors 6502a

Does the
    But you cannot preorder a Verizon 6s via the online Apple Store unless you have a Verizon account and set up a new Verizon account, right?

14. terraphantm macrumors 68040

15. se1000 macrumors 6502

se1000

Yeah I'm reading that now, seems there is a lot of confusion and spec sheets got updated after pre-orders went out.

16. Joe1602 macrumors regular

That article is now obsolete. The spec sheet now shows the AT&T version supporting CDMA. So yes, the sprint, tmo and Verizon ones are the same. The att ones add lte band 30 which doesn't matter right now, but may make for faster att lte connections in the future.

17. karan.k macrumors member

Is there any other article where you read about the AT&T iPhone 6s having CDMA radios, if so, Yes ! it is the best iPhone to have, and if you buy the AT&T iPhone at full price from the apple store, it will be unlocked.

18. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Apple's own site says it has CDMA radios now: http://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/specs/

19. karan.k macrumors member

I don't get it, a day back the Model A1633* did not reflect the some of the CDMA bands of the A1688. I'm sure they have changed it very recently.

Is it confirmed the AT&T iPhone 6s is unlocked if bought at full price from the apple store ?

20. terraphantm macrumors 68040

That has been the case every other year. If for some reason it doesn't end up being unlocked, it's pretty easy to get it unlocked.

21. Joe1602 macrumors regular

Apple doesn't confirm that anything is unlocked except their own monthly installment financing plan with AppleCare+.

22. pudcraft macrumors regular

I have done this two times. They both work on both networks. It's the same damned phone, just noted differently to not confuse average customer. However, their notation confuses the f@#$ out of people anyways.