Verizon terms changed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fjd726, Nov 21, 2014.

1. fjd726 macrumors regular

I have an unlimited data plan and was about to upgrade to a new device by paying full retail. Apparently, Verizon now does not allow you to keep the unlimited data even though the phone is bought outright. This must be their way to get back at the throttling debacle a few months back. Anyone else notice this?

2. deeddawg, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014

deeddawg macrumors 604

3. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

According to what or whom? Have a pic or a link?

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

My reply definitely landed on the wrong thread. I'm pretty sure I didn't mix up windows, but it's possible I guess.

5. Polo2883 macrumors regular

have not heard of this at all.

I just did it with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus I got on release day.

6. fjd726 thread starter macrumors regular

Tried upgrading a tiered data line last night and it forces both lines (mine is unlim) to the more everything plan. I then called Verizon customer service and they told me that even though I planned on purchasing at full retail, they no longer allow you to keep your unlimited plan whether ordered on either line.

7. Ccrew macrumors 68020

And I kept it on a Note 4 bought a month later.

8. fjd726 thread starter macrumors regular

9. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Try buying the Verizon phone at full retail, without doing the upgrade thing through Verizon.

Then, just transfer your SIM card to the new phone. If you don't go through the official upgrade process, it shouldn't change your plan.

Of course, this may have changed, but it's worth a try!

10. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

You can still buy phones at full retail. I did this a couple weeks ago, even if it was a brand new policy you could imagine it would be all over tech blogs. It was probably just a rep trying to get you to give up your unlimited data.

11. fjd726 thread starter macrumors regular

I did try full retail the entire time and was still told I would lose UDP. This is frustrating. Doesnt make any sense if I purchase it outright that it would change the UDP at all.

12. KPOM macrumors G5

Just buy the phone from Apple. Heck, with the iPhone 6 you can even order the T-Mobile version online at full price and it will work with your existing nano-SIM.