Verizon Tethering with Moto Q in Leopard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cornopaez, Nov 12, 2007.

1. cornopaez macrumors regular

cornopaez

Hey guys, I'm having issues connecting to the internet through tethering with my Moto Q and my Macbook that runs 10.5. I haven't had the need for the tethering option for sometime now and not until today I realized that it doesn't seem to work quite the same way it used to with 10.4.

The first time I tried it worked just fine; the phone was recognized by the VZ Connection Manager (for those who are not familiar with it, it's the software that allows you to get on the internet through the phone) and a connection was established correctly. What I didn't realized is that the phone had crashed during the process (the Moto Q runs Windows Mobile and it crashes the same a PC would :D), even thou it showed a healthy connection. So, I restart the phone and try again. This time things didn't go as planned: the phone is no longer recognized by the Manager (even after repairing the phone several times with the compy.) :(

I think I'm missing something but I can't get a good grasp of it. I've checked the config many times and I don't seem to find the problem. Any one else having issues with this as well?

2. crzdmniac macrumors regular

I've never used the verizon connection manager, I've always done it manually. The phone number is #777, your account name is "#########@vzw3g.net" (where ######### is your phone number) and the password is "vzw". Under the advanced section I set my vendor to other, and the model as "Verizon Support". It works fine that way.

3. cornopaez thread starter macrumors regular

cornopaez

Are you using bluetooth or usb? The new Manager provides support for USB, something I quite honestly never made work before... it works slightly faster too.

Thanks for the advise!

4. crzdmniac macrumors regular

I'm using USB, and occasionally bluetooth, I prefer USB because I don't like a dead phone though!

5. optiondelete macrumors newbie

Any chance you could hook us up with some details? I've been struggling the last couple days trying to figure out the process of getting my q and my mac with leopard set up right. Any help would be great.

6. vzwuser macrumors newbie