Verizon Throttling Data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmo1116, Jul 27, 2011.

1. jmo1116 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I was browsing the web on my iPhone 4 and I decided to check my data usage and it was roughly 3GB for this month and all of a sudden my data speeds seem to be super slow. Does Verizon throttle data? Also, I used my iPhone and my wife's iPhone to download a free app and hers was finished way before mine. Any others experience this?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I believe Verizon said they where in the process of enabling the throttling of data for certain high usage customers. I'm not sure if they activated it yet.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont think they have that option available as of yet but like intell said above they were talking and looking into it.

4. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Obviously they throttle data. When I USED to be on Verizon back in the day, their 3G was FASTER than it is now.

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Either that or they're feeling the brunt of the usage of their iphone customers.

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I'd say it's not just iPhone users, it's the pressure put on the network by all smartphones, tablets, etc, it's more than the network can handle in some places. (just my opinion)