Verizon Tiered Data Plan Predictions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TeddyLeroux, Mar 26, 2011.

1. TeddyLeroux, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2011

TeddyLeroux macrumors member

Hey guys. Verizon announced a couple months back that they will be moving to tiered data plans like the ones that AT&T offers. Im thinking that they will offer a 150 MB plan for $15 and a 2 GB plan for $25 and prolly a 4 GB tethering plan for $45. Do you guys agree with this? Im thinking of switching from Verizon to Sprint and gettting an iPhone and iPad. Both IMO are the best in their respective categories. Lets see some discussion. :D:apple:

I meant Sprint to Verizon. hehe. :D:apple:

2. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

Not sure what you want to discuss, other than I'd get on Verizon before this summer unless you wanted tiered plans.

3. TeddyLeroux thread starter macrumors member

Right Now unlimited data plan is $30 for verizon. And I want to discuss is if its a right decision to wait till the tiered data plans because they would be a little cheaper. And is it a good choice to buy from Verizon rather than AT&T? From what I hear Verizon is reliable and AT&T has a speedy network but not reliable. :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

4. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

It all depends on your location, for me AT&T is fantastic, and Verizon not so much.

5. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

yeah what this guy said. None of your questions can be answered. It all depends on where your located and your personal preference. There will be some who say AT&T and unlimited and others who say the exact opposite. For me I love my unlimited data and AT&T works great in my area.

6. TeddyLeroux thread starter macrumors member

hmmmmm... ok.. the thing is i have been on sprint for my whole life... Is there a way i can test the two iphones .. hahahaha:apple::apple::apple:

7. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

your best bet is just asking people you know how their service is. It doesnt need to be an iPhone. Ask 10 people with Verizon how the service is then ask 10 people with ATT. Whichever is better just get that. The data just depends on how much you think youll use. I had unlimited for a year and never used more than a gig and now I frequently go over 2GB.

8. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiGD9u1QORk

Right now VZW has a FAST FAST FAST LTE 4G network and it is only 30 dollars a month for unlimited data! Better get grandfathered in now!

9. TeddyLeroux thread starter macrumors member

Interesting. The iPhone 5 is rumored to have 4G. I think it will. But which network will be better with AT&T purchasing the largest 4G network, T-Mobile? 4G network that is.

10. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

I wouldn't expect anything more than HSPA+ on iPhone 5. Which is good for AT&T but... AT&T LTE won't be until end of the year, and the T-Mobile buyout won't be finalized at least a year.

11. TeddyLeroux thread starter macrumors member

Ok. So when will T-Mobile officially be apart of AT&T and be finalized? I know you said a year but is that for FCC and federal approval or T-Mobile giving their towers to AT&T and becoming apart of AT&T? :D:apple:

12. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

If I were you, I'd get the iPhone 4 NOW. Unless you want tiered plans and no unlimited data. I can't imagine not having unlimited data, my phone bill would be very expensive!