Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superman6966

Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
So I have Verizon and I Have a RAZR.
And I HATE IT WITH LOVE.
I really Want the iPhone.
But Cant Cause I am Under 18.
I dont know If i should wait for it to come out for Verizon.
And I need to know if it is hard to text on.
Or Should I just Get the iPod Touch

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
So I have Verizon and I Have a RAZR.
And I HATE IT WITH LOVE.
I really Want the iPhone.
But Cant Cause I am Under 18.
I dont know If i should wait for it to come out for Verizon.
And I need to know if it is hard to text on.
Or Should I just Get the iPod Touch

What does your age have to do with the iPhone?

It will never come out on Verizon - Cingular has 5 year exclusivity in the US and by the time thats up, the iPhone 17 will be out.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
What does your age have to do with the iPhone?

It will never come out on Verizon - Cingular has 5 year exclusivity in the US and by the time thats up, the iPhone 17 will be out.

Presumably the OP does not have enough credit (as a minor) to qualify for a standalone account and he or she is on a family plan.

To the OP:

If you wait for the phone to come out on VZW in 5 years (;)) you'll be old enough to have your own plan.

The texting isn't bad, I had a treo before so I am used to the QWERTY texting and I can practically touch type on my iphone. There is something of a curve coming from a T9 phone though, I would think.

Stick with the RAZR and get a touch. Or get one of the VZW keyboardy phones if you want a better texting experience...when you are old enough and can afford your own cell plan get an iphone generation 25 ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.