Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
Why does the article refer to these subscriptions as “free perks”? They aren‘t. They’re why the plan is $90 per head 🤪
I kind of agree with you, but to be fair, the plan costs $90 today without apple one. They are adding the apple one plan to the package soon (according to the leak) and not raising the price so it is a free addition to anyone already paying the $90.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Why does the article refer to these subscriptions as “free perks”? They aren‘t. They’re why the plan is $90 per head 🤪
It's less than that if you have multiple lines and/or you sign up for auto-pay and paperless billing.

I'd like to switch but Verizon is much more expensive than my current plan.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
$90 for one person?? I pay $74/mo total on T-Mobile for three iPhone data plans when we use 2GB or less and one iPad data plan that somehow has 2 petabytes of data (yes petabytes with a P and no, idk how that happened and yes, I’m keeping that plan forever). If a line goes over 2GB it’s only $8 per line up to like 50GB. And that includes hotspot up to 15GB I think. I’ve never paid more than $90 for all four lines because my wife never uses more than 2GB on her line. And the most I could ever pay is $98. Most months I pay $82 and some months $74 if we don’t travel much. We work from home.

So I’ll gladly pay $30/mo for Apple One, lol. It’s a great deal. I don’t like the idea of all these bundles anyway. I just want to pay for service. I want dumb pipes. That’s what my current T-Mobile plan gives me. I’ve got no bells or whistles, aside from an insane 2PB of data on the iPad for some reason.

Reactions: WWPD

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
This would be awesome if current subscribers can take advantage of this deal. I have the 5G Get More plan and with taxes included, I still pay under $100 a month for my service. The service is well worth the money.

Reactions: xpxp2002

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
My T-Mobile magenta plan just added free Apple TV+ with their free Netflix, watched Greyhound tonight. :apple::)

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I'm excited about this. I've got four lines and two are on Get More. Those lines are only $55 each due to the quantity of lines. I don't pay for Hulu/Disney+, I don't pay for Apple Music, I get $10/mo off my iPad line, $5/mo off my watch line. I don't pay for Google Play Pass or Apple Arcade. Now I won't be paying for at least iCloud and AppleTV+. Heck yes. I am all for this.
same here. I have had Verizon for a while and although I don’t get 50% my bill anymore, I get $25 off and have all of those perks. an additional one like Apple One will be nice!

Reactions: macbookguy

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
And this is how the iPhone is the number 1 phone sold in the US.

Here meanwhile: 399€ (upfront) on a 59 Euro plan with 10 GB* no other „perks“

*if you want a provider that actually works, not this o2 crap

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
These services that are normally bundled with a phone plan like this, can you access them on other devices? Say, if I go with this plan, would I be able to use the Apple One on a non Verizon device like my MacBook Pro over WiFi?
Yep, sure can. I seem to remember a couple texts and maybe needing the Verizon app for the initial account creation. But after that, everything is accessible from anywhere.

Reactions: xpxp2002

mlody

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
This would be exciting if one could 'upgrade' from that plan and only pay a difference to get Apple One Premier. My kids are not on Verizon, so this does not add benefit as I would still need to maintain the full subscription. All this talk about family plans and discounts, yet most of the perks are individual :(

bLackjackj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
The fully-loaded plan already includes Apple Music, the option of Apple Arcade or Google Play Pass, Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, 600GB of Verizon Cloud storage, and more as free perks.
It's not "FREE"! Carriers pay Apple and then simply add the cost to the subscription. Far out, I'm so tired of people thinking they are getting free inclusions. Someone pays for it and guess what,..it's YOU!

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
These services that are normally bundled with a phone plan like this, can you access them on other devices? Say, if I go with this plan, would I be able to use the Apple One on a non Verizon device like my MacBook Pro over WiFi?
Yes.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009

Verizon plans to become the first U.S. carrier to include Apple One as a free perk with an eligible plan alongside the launch of iPhone 14 models later this month, according to information obtained by MacRumors from a carrier source.

Verizon-Plus-Apple-One-Bundle-Feature.jpg

Apple One will likely be included with Verizon's most expensive "5G Get More" unlimited data plan, which costs $90 per month for one person. The fully-loaded plan already includes Apple Music, the option of Apple Arcade or Google Play Pass, Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, 600GB of Verizon Cloud storage, and more as free perks. It's unclear if existing subscribers will receive Apple One or if the offer will be for new customers only.

Following in the footsteps of British carrier EE, Verizon will likely offer Apple One's individual tier, which normally costs $14.95 per month and includes Apple Music, Apple Arcade, Apple TV+, and iCloud+ with 50GB of storage.

It's unclear exactly when Verizon plans to share this news, but the carrier will likely make an announcement at some point in September alongside Apple's introduction of iPhone 14 models. Apple is widely expected to unveil the iPhone 14, Apple Watch Series 8, and more during an event at Steve Jobs Theater on September 7, and the devices should go on sale by September 16 in the U.S. and many other countries.

Verizon offering Apple One with an eligible plan could help to attract customers to the carrier heading into the holiday shopping season. The deal could also further bolster Apple's services business, which set a June quarter record with $19.6 billion revenue and was the company's second largest revenue source behind iPhone sales.

Article Link: Verizon to Offer Apple One For Free With Eligible Plan Alongside iPhone 14 Launch

Damn, just when I decided to switch back to a Fold 4. Verizon has some nice perks, not quite as good as T-mobile, but then again I'm able to actually make a call on Verizon. Already have the Get More plan so it will be nice to at least let the family get this even if I can't use it.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
People keep parroting the same "you are paying for this" thing but there is a flaw in the argument. The Get More plan currently only includes Apple Music and Apple Arcade. If the price remains the same and that is changed to Apple One, you are indeed getting more for your money than before.

bLackjackj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
People keep parroting the same "you are paying for this" thing but there is a flaw in the argument.
There is nothing floored about the argument. YOU are paying the full cost, the carrier is simply depleting the margin they have added onto the cost of your wholesale plan. It's no different to finding the cheapest carrier plan per month and then adding Netflix, AppleTV+, Apple Music, HBO etc on top. Oh there you go, its a $99 all inclusive bundle on top of a plan worth only $9 wholesale to the carrier for the cellular portion, BUT with $90 of "FREE" services ontop.

You pay $99 and think you are getting a bargain. You're not.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If it is the full package this would be great. If not I hope there is a way to get a discount. I have the full package at $29/month
They're all the full package ...

Single plan and device probably gets Apple One for Personal,
Family Plan with 4 devices probably gets Apple One for Family. This would make logical sense and be sweet, but again it's a carrier deal offering we're talkin bout here so lets not hope to much ;)

I just would like this to be carrier agnostic across North America at least to start.

Also when will Apple launch BIG credits for returning a 1yr old iphone to upgrade on carrier plan?! Hmmm.
I cannot believe Samsung ships less than HALF of iPhones globally yet Samsung can do this in USA and Canada with less than 25% of the market while Apple in USA has 52% and some 30%+ in Canada.
Investor's don't kid yourselves, at the rate Apple buys back shares you'd think the stock would be in 400$ territory but only the executives get paid fairly on stock options.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Well, they removed HBOMax from their most expensive plan recently, so if anything, they are going in the opposite direction!
HBO Max just seemed like something bundled in that I am paying for already bundled into the price..
which I know is the case anyway, but it’s the same “provider”..

Other companies giving customers Apple Music, Apple One, Netflix, Disney+,Hulu.. etc. Stuff majority of people actually use…

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
They're all the full package ...

Single plan and device probably gets Apple One for Personal,
Family Plan with 4 devices probably gets Apple One for Family. This would make logical sense and be sweet, but again it's a carrier deal offering we're talkin bout here so lets not hope to much ;)

I just would like this to be carrier agnostic across North America at least to start.

Also when will Apple launch BIG credits for returning a 1yr old iphone to upgrade on carrier plan?! Hmmm.
I cannot believe Samsung ships less than HALF of iPhones globally yet Samsung can do this in USA and Canada with less than 25% of the market while Apple in USA has 52% and some 30%+ in Canada.
Investor's don't kid yourselves, at the rate Apple buys back shares you'd think the stock would be in 400$ territory but only the executives get paid fairly on stock options.
Yeah won’t help me then since my 2 family members on my apple one for some reason refuse to move to Verizon.

• Sad
Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.