Verizon to Push $50 Unlimited Prepaid Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EddyP, Sep 13, 2011.

1. EddyP macrumors 6502

I did not see this here. Apologies if I missed it.

Yeah, it's not helping iPhone users. But a rare instance where there are more choices for us is a good thing.

2. darster Suspended

Unfortunately it doens't help us iphone owners. Limited to 4 dumbphones.

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Exactly... thanks for nipping this one in the bud darster :)

4. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

Yes, it does not let you use the iPhone or any highend smartphone on the plan. It's also launching at Radioshack; Which is also the first day Verizon launches back to Radioshack.

5. Pooshka macrumors 65816

There's no way you're ever gonna get sub-$100 unlimited everything plan on an iPhone. Simple as that.

At the same time, it despises me how companies tout something audacious like unlimited everything plan limited to some freaking dumbphones. It's like saying: here is your 99¢ unlimited everything plan; but bear in mind it's limited to only 1 phone that is not capable of text or data. Enjoy!

Despicable muthafookerz! :mad::mad::mad:

6. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

It exists already. $60 unlimited for talk, text web on H2O wireless, pre-paid, 3g compatible.

7. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

It's like shelling out for an all you can eat buffet, but the buffet only stocks iceberg lettuce.

8. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I've heard that your limited to basically edge data speeds no? Not 3g...

9. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

Not sure how this thread is relevant to iphone...

10. kbfr08 macrumors 6502

kbfr08

I don't know where you spend most of your time, but most places I go to have non-protected wifi service, so he h2o would be a good deal for me. Good thing I'm on the grandfathered verizon data plan, so I'm getting a good enough deal ;)

11. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Funny, since I regularly enjoy using between 2-3GB and occasionally over 5GB of data a month on my "freaking dumbphone."

That's the one thing I'll miss when I upgrade to whatever it is that they release in the next month...or rather, more reason I'm hoping it goes to Sprint.

12. EddyP thread starter macrumors 6502

:D

Agreed. Sort of.

The problem is the iPhone and these dumbphones use the same "food from the buffet". It's just different plates and silverware. I would hope eventually the distinction is eliminated. I understand paying higher prices for service when you get a subsidized phone, but it seems wrong for pre-paid devices that are not under contract.

I know this isn't for the iPhone. But any increase in choices is a good thing for us consumers. It's rare something in the cell service world seems like a good thing for consumers these days.

Plus I thought it would be a nice break from all of the "when are invites going out?" threads.

Choice is good IMO.

13. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

Then that wouldn't be using 3G service...