Carrier Verizon to T-Mobile easier than T-Mobile to Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JustCrusin, Nov 2, 2013.

1. JustCrusin macrumors member

So I purchased a T-Mobile iPad Air which is coming on Monday. I planned on the most part to take advantage of the free 200mb. We may eventually go to a share everything plan on Verizon. From what I am reading it seems much easier to have a Verizon iPad Air and insert a T-Mobile sim than vice versa.

Anyone with a good/easy experience swapping a Verizon sim in a T-Mobile iPad? The few posts I have read so far seem like you really need to swap and finagle things to get a T-Mobile iPad Air to work on Verizon.

Thanks.

2. Jades macrumors 6502

Just run to the apple store and get an imei from any verizon ipad and when you call verizon customer care to add a new line to your share everything plan give them that imei number from apple store or best buy

3. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

Easy

I bought a Tmobile iPad Air yesterday & dropped a Verizon SIM from an iPhone 5 in it today, it worked right away without any issues.

4. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Was the SIM already activated or not? I think the difficulty is getting the Verizon SIM activated. Once it is, it's smooth sailing.

5. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

It was already active, that makes sense.

6. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

I tried trimming down a micro USB from a Verizon USB internet device and when I put it in my T-Mobile iPad, it sees it but says it is not activated. Evidently it will not work with those.