verizon touch phone any good?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ricecook, Jan 3, 2008.

1. ricecook macrumors regular

ricecook

is that new copy cat phone any good?
    im looking to get a new cell..
    dose anyone have one?

2. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Eh... not so good.

Personally, I have an iPhone but my friend has one of those voyagers (I think they're called)

Here's what I think of it:
    -It's a pressure touch screen, it kind of annoyed me.
    -The menus are typical phone menus which require you to go through massive amounts of searching to get what you want.
    -The black and red menus look cool but it's just not as "here I am" as the iphone menu.
    -The back plastic part looks and feels cheap
    -the screen smudges like no other.

what I like?
    -easy phone keys
    -the vibrating when you touch the screen

personally,
    get it if you're tied to Verizon
    if you have the opportunity though
    go for the iPhone in a heartbeat.
    :apple:

3. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

It's not an iPhone. That's all I have to say about that.

4. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I havent used one, but if its from verizon you know the GUI will suck. Its basically a requirement in addition to being a CDMA phone.

5. ricecook thread starter macrumors regular

ricecook

6. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Yeah, I think the iPhone did its' part in spoiling us :D

it's nothing like the iPhone's capacitive touch screen, it's a pain.
    multi-touch on the iPhone is also amazing.

7. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

I was a verizon customer for some time and was always intrigued by the iphone, but never really considered switching carriers. So when the voyager came out, i got it thinking it would fill the void of not having an iphone, but i was definitely wrong....its a decent phone, but the scrolling on the touch screen was a bit difficult to use and not as responsive as the iphone. The menu is very plain and dull in comparison to the iphone, and the phone itself was just too bulky for my taste...so i just took the plunge and went for the iphone.....havent looked backed once.

8. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    I saw it at the verizon store.... I think its way overpriced for the features you get. I know you can get a better Nokia or Samsung one on ebay for a lot less... or better yet, the iPhone. I liked the keyboard on the voyager but the price tag made me think the value of the phone was bad....

9. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

I tried it real quick at the Verizon store. I found it confusing to navigate compared to the iPhone. You can navigate the iPhone easily even if you've never used it before. I also didn't like the touch screen. I couldn't get a quick tap to register as a "tap" whereas on the iPhone the quick tap works.

10. n00basaur macrumors regular

It's a good idea of what not to buy.

11. 7on macrumors 601

7on

My mom likes hers. You do have to press the touchscreen as though you're physically touching buttons (with pressure). The GPS is a pain in that you have to pay $10 a month to use it. But that's Verizon for you, pay a monthly feel to unlock features of a phone you bought and they don't even own the gps satellites.

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Isn't that what Apple and AT&T did, you have to sign up to use it.

13. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

My sister just got one at Christmas and her screen already has 2 decent scratches on it. She keeps it in a case (that has a screen protector) at all times. I think that screen is plastic and not glass like the iPhone.

As for the phone part, I played around with it....while its not terrible, I did not enjoy using it. I think there are much better phones for Verizon right now.

I have an iPhone, so I might be just a lil bias ;) but seriously, I think there are better phones out there for you.

14. 7on macrumors 601

7on

? That would be like having to pay AT&T a fee to use the Wifi. iPhone doesn't have a GPS.

15. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

You have to apply some pressure to the touch screen that sucks so that why I dont want it