Verizon Unlimited Data Discontinued

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by henkim21, Apr 17, 2011.

1. henkim21 macrumors newbie

I was told by a Verizon rep that they will discontinue the iPhone's unlimited data plans on May 2nd. What do you guys think? :D

2. scelzifan macrumors 6502

I think they will discontinue it before the next 4G phone is released which is supposed to be the bionic and soon so that date may be correct.

3. henkim21, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011

henkim21 thread starter macrumors newbie

@scelzifan: cool. thanks for your input. any1 else?

4. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

5. iLucas macrumors 6502

I think the unlimited plans that phone carriers offered will all be discontinued soon.

6. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I think they'll honor the grandfathered. I believe the Bionic has been killed since they were having overheating issues.

The latest unlimited rumors I've heard was with AT&T. AT&T will only honor 1 more upgrade for unlimited. After that you get on a tier'd plan. Again, this is all speculation.

7. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

T-Mobile still offers an unlimited data plan [until AT&T screws it up :-( ]. Not sure about Sprint.

8. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Its not like they will just change the ul data plan to tiered plans that currently have ul. They will allow those that currently have unlimited to keep it and when they switch to iphone 5 they will require the tiered plan.

9. Goldfrapp, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011

Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

unlimited data plans are bound to be discontinued this year, no doubt. :D

10. icstars989 macrumors member

I highly doubt the Bionic is canned. There is just way too much money invested at this point. Sadly I think unlimited is gonna end for everyone at some point. I dont really mind since I dont use too much, but some of these people using 16GB+/mo Im sure are gonna complain. I dont necessarily agree with it, but seeing what numbers some of these people put up a month is mind boggling and I can understand it. I sure dont want my service bogged down cause my neighbor feels the need to download 20GB of who knows what a month.

11. endo689 macrumors newbie

Sprint does still as well. Although tmobile on the other hand will throttle your data after you hit 5gb cap. All "unlimited" data plans are not truly unlimited from what I understand they are all capped at 5 gb. Exception being tmo who throttles your connection once you hit the magic 5 gb. I'm not sure who else throttles your data connection should you go over 5gb.

12. endo689 macrumors newbie

If this is true I feel happy to have gotten my vzw iPhone 4 last week. Hopefully they don't change my contract to a tiered data one.

13. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

That would've been nice :mad: