Verizon Unlimited Data Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmo1116, Feb 17, 2011.

1. jmo1116 macrumors regular

I have the iPhone 4 on Verizon and feel like I'm constantly using data; however, 14 days into my cycle I've only used 600MB. How can I make sure I'm getting my money's worth of the $30 data plan? Any app suggestions? Sometimes I see people saying they use up to 5GB but I assume that's due to tethering.

2. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

so you want to find apps that you dont really need just to consume more data?

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

You can steam pandora radio or watch netflix on your iphone. If you have the right cables, you can hood it up to your tv. A lot of people jailbreak and use mywifi. Video chat also consumes more data.

4. jmo1116 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks ECUpirate, I'm new to the iPhone scene so not too familiar with a lot of apps.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont get this "get my moneys worth" thing.
    You have unlimited data so you can use as much as you want.
    And you been using it plenty like you said but you're unhappy cause you only used 600mb so far? You'd be happier if it said 6GB or something?

6. ap3604 macrumors 68000

God I hope the OP gets bitten on the ass by Verizon and data throttled :p

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

right? I don't have unlimited data to use as much as I can, I have it so I have the option to use as much as I want. Do you feel like you need to watch TV 24/7 because it's unlimited?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    I just dont get the mentality behind it.
    Yes you can use as much as you want but people try to take it to the max I guess. Their way of "sticking it to the Man":D
    I know people that dont connect to wifi but instead use carrier data so they can accomplish the above. Even though Wifi connection would be faster and use less battery.;)

9. Centient macrumors 6502

I'd hate to be behind you in the buffet line. ;)

10. Aduntu macrumors 6502a

Aduntu

I understand the feeling of wanting to get your money's worth out of something, but part of the benefit of an unlimited plan is knowing that you don't have to be concerned with how much you're using. I was blown away when I saw how little I've used, but I'm content knowing that I don't have to worry about it.

11. mtalsma macrumors newbie

mtalsma

I received my Verizon iPhone on Monday, February 7, 2011. Activated it about 1545 EST. So far I've received 1.6 gb of data from the cellular network, but I've only sent 128 MB... That's 10 days. Thank God I'm on an unlimited plan.

By the way, I think this iPhone rocks! I've had no problems with the speed of the data, and it outperforms my old Droid by a long shot. I streamed a Netflix movie while travelling on the Capital Beltway (I was a passenger) and had no buffering.

12. kicko macrumors 65816

"get your $$$ worth"?

I dont understand if you use 1mb or 11gb of data your still playing the same amount and you have no less data options. $30 = $30

13. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Those the OP's comments did seem a bit strange, I can somewhat understand where he is coming from. The only choice we have on Verizon is $30/mo for unlimited data. On AT&T, you have the choice of $25/mo for 2GB. And if he is never going to go over than 2GB cap, then he could be saving money by having the AT&T data plan.

On the other hand, I'm personally glad I'm on the unlimited plan with Verizon even if I don't routinely go over 2GB/mo. It's just nice not having to worry about it or keep track. When I have a particularly data-hungry month, I don't have to worry about overage charges.