Verizon Unlimited - Where do I go to buy 6+ tonight?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Skullbussa, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Skullbussa macrumors member

Do I go to Apple's website or Verizon's if i want to buy an iPhone 6 Plus off-contract?

I have seen this question asked several times and it has not yet been answered.

2. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

If you don't have an upgrade available then you will be able to buy it full price on Apple's website tonight. Otherwise it will force you to upgrade on apple's site or just use someone else's line that doesn't have an upgrade and purchase via their line.

3. Skullbussa thread starter macrumors member

Awesome. My wife's line is not eligible for an upgrade so I will use it there.

I am assuming I can then just take that phone and then activate it on my (upgrade eligible) line that has the unlimited data?

4. rrm74001 macrumors regular

rrm74001

Off-contract Verizon phones cannot be purchased on the Apple online store. Your best option is to pre-order through Verizon.

5. Skullbussa thread starter macrumors member

Lovely. I love it how cash buyers are somehow relegated to second-class status.

6. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I'm in the same situation. I want to keep unlimited data. I am out of a contract and want to pay full price. Only option for me is pre-order from Verizon. If you're not eligible for an upgrade, you can do either Verizon or Apple.

7. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

I've never been able to buy full price on apple.com. I've always waited in line on launch day; Verizon doesn't make keeping unlimited data easy.