Verizon unlock- unique situation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by climber20, Nov 30, 2011.

1. climber20 macrumors member

I called Verizon and successfully unlocked my 4S several weeks ago. Since then, problems have come up with the earpiece not working while making phone calls, so Apple is sending me a replacement phone.

Will Verizon unlock my replacement phone since my current phone is busted, or do I need to wait another 10 months before requesting another unlock? Has anyone been in this situation as well?

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

i suspect that you will be able to get it unlocked if you get someone on the phone and explain the situation

3. climber20 thread starter macrumors member

Just got my replacement phone, so I'll post back here once I get an official answer from Verizon.

4. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

In the UK o2 have unlocked my Iphone everytime i have had it replace due to being lost or stolen so i can't see why they wouldn't do it

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I believe what you should have done is mention to Apple that your iPhone was unlocked before you sent it in. Then they would have given you instructions on how to get your replacement phone unlocked, or probably could have sent out an already unlocked phone as your replacement.

6. climber20 thread starter macrumors member

After explaining my situation, Verizon unlocked the replacement phone without any issues. I guess the 10 month rule doesn't apply if you get a defective phone.