Verizon unlock- unique situation

climber20

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
I called Verizon and successfully unlocked my 4S several weeks ago. Since then, problems have come up with the earpiece not working while making phone calls, so Apple is sending me a replacement phone.

Will Verizon unlock my replacement phone since my current phone is busted, or do I need to wait another 10 months before requesting another unlock? Has anyone been in this situation as well?

mulo

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2010
Behind you
i suspect that you will be able to get it unlocked if you get someone on the phone and explain the situation

climber20

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Just got my replacement phone, so I'll post back here once I get an official answer from Verizon.

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
In the UK o2 have unlocked my Iphone everytime i have had it replace due to being lost or stolen so i can't see why they wouldn't do it

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I called Verizon and successfully unlocked my 4S several weeks ago. Since then, problems have come up with the earpiece not working while making phone calls, so Apple is sending me a replacement phone.

Will Verizon unlock my replacement phone since my current phone is busted, or do I need to wait another 10 months before requesting another unlock? Has anyone been in this situation as well?
I believe what you should have done is mention to Apple that your iPhone was unlocked before you sent it in. Then they would have given you instructions on how to get your replacement phone unlocked, or probably could have sent out an already unlocked phone as your replacement.

climber20

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
After explaining my situation, Verizon unlocked the replacement phone without any issues. I guess the 10 month rule doesn't apply if you get a defective phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.