Verizon USB727 use with 1st Gen iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mike97208, Oct 12, 2008.

1. mike97208 macrumors member

I have an Apple 1st generation iPod Touch. I recently discontinued Qwest home internet service using a wireless high-speed DSL modem with my MacBook. While I had the Qwest service I was able to use my iPod Touch around the house by putting my Qwest network number into the Wi-Fi settings.

I now have a Verizon USB727 aircard I'm not sure how to accomplish the same thing with it. I went to Settings>Wi-Fi Networks>Choose a Network... and first entered my Verizon account (phone) number. When that didn't work I entered the IP address, and then the router number. None of them worked.

What I want to do is to be able to use the iPod Touch here at home with the Verizon USB727 aircard attached to my Apple MacBook.
    Where do I go from here?

Thanks.

2. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

I dont think you can share the connection through you macbook, sorry. But you can get a 3g to WiFi router (They do exist). They are pretty expensive though.

Here's one

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

in prefs, go to sharing, then internet sharing, and share from USB to Airport.

4. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

Holy crap you can do that?:confused::confused: I can't. I can only do it from firewire.