Carrier Verizon users and Unlimited data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by keitarou, Mar 26, 2014.

1. keitarou macrumors 6502

Verizon unlimited data holders, there is talk about "phase 2" of Verizon trying to get all their unlimited data users to change to share everything data on HoFo. If Verizon no longer allows unlimited data even at full price phones, what will you do?

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Yikes. Not worth it anymore then.

EDIT: Can you link to the story that you mentioned? I can't find any new stories about the future of Verizon's unlimited plans.

3. m3nphls macrumors member

I'd still have to keep it since I travel around the country for military training and I enjoy LTE while everyone else falls on 2G.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That would be a very bad move if they do.
    They will lose most of those customers if they push them away like that.

5. gbuc95 macrumors member

Go to At&t and the new family plans they have!

6. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

7. I7guy macrumors G5

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Based on? Forum postings? That doesn't tell you anything about most of Verizon's customers. Forum users aren't a reliable sample.

What percentage of Verizon customers are currently on unlimited?

9. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

God I hope not, I pay full retail to keep my unlimited and use ~ 40gb a month. I would probably stay with the screw everyone plan because they have the best coverage in the area.

10. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I'm not sure how they could and expect to keep customers. By that logic if you break your phone you'd have to give up unlimited to replace it. If they force me off unlimited I'll do to AT&T just on principle. I will go to tiered data given the proper motivation (i.e. a reasonable price) but it's still to high. I only use so much because I use the high quality option on Spotify, I could easily tone that down. I'd like more frequent phone upgrades but not at what they are wanting right now.

11. CEmajr macrumors 601

I doubt it. There probably aren't very many unlimited data users left on Verizon anyway since the ability to get subsidized devices was removed for them. I'm sure VZW has already determine the cost/benefit ratio of making this move and determine that the inconvenience of a small percentage of their users is worth not having to offer fully unlimited, unthrottled LTE to them.

I can't say I'm surprised though. The Verizon unlimited data plan is the best data plan in the US and it's only a matter of time before it's gone for good.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, not forum posts. Its called common sense.
    If I was on unlimited data plan and they just removed it I'd leave and Im sure most would too. Not sure if Verizon cares cause that percentage of customers is small probably.
    But people don't keep paying full price for phones and trying to keep that data plan for nothing you know. And since they do that they're out of contract so they can go at any time they want...

13. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Verizon threatened to do this in 2012--but I haven't heard anything since. Maybe they are just relying on grandfathered customers to give it up over time to get a subsidized phone. Though, now that subsidized phones are slowly going away. . .