Verizon users happy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfly4, Sep 12, 2015.

1. macfly4 macrumors member

macfly4

thinking of switching from att to verizon. Att coverage in maine sucks.
    Are veriazon users happy? How about the talk at same time as data issue? Is it a non issue? Anything to ne aware of coming from att ?

2. jredecop macrumors 6502a

Where i am, they by far have the best coverage. With LTE, they have simultaneous data/voice, just needs to be turned on under cellular settings.

3. mashinhead macrumors 68020

Wow I was unaware they supported this now.

4. legioxi macrumors 6502a

Two caveats, you need to be in an LTE area (very common) and if the phone switches to CDMA for any reason while you're on a voice call, the call drops.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I'm very happy. I live in a rural area and always have reliable signal and fast LTE. Also, any time I have questions, I chat with VZW reps online. They're almost always courteous, patient, and helpful.

And yes, the newer iPhones support VOLTE (voice over LTE), so you can talk & surf at same time and get extremely clear reception.

Ditto for me.

6. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

I get service on top of mountains with VZW. MOUNTAINTOPS IN COLORADO. I can call my homies down the mountain at the lodge from the summit without issue. ATT is dogshit in comparison.

7. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Nothing beats Verizon at this point. 80 a month for 12 gb of data is a pretty good plan.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The same is true for bird hunting in BFE, Nebraska or Kansas.

9. segrobja macrumors regular

I have 2 iPhones, one on Verizon and one on AT&T. I find plans and pricing better on Verizon. Coverage is about the same. I've had no customer service issues with Verizon, I've had tons with AT&T. Also, iPhone preorders is flawless with Verizon where as AT&T always has issues with their systems for preorders.

10. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Fortunate enough to live in an area where VZ, att and TMO work well. But VZ is fast and reliable in all the areas I work travel and play. So, yep I am happy.

11. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

Except for the bill, I couldn't be happier with VZW. I still have unlimited data on both phones, too. And, I live about 500' from a VZW tower so I never use wifi on my phone; it's not needed unless I need to control something. Plus, in Atlanta, the service area is pretty good.

12. ECJ macrumors 6502

ECJ

I'm very happy with VZW. The LTE phones are unlocked which make traveling overseas much easier and no need for a expensive data plan. Their website is pretty thorough and really cuts down on customer service calls. Also in my area Memphis, TN it's pretty fast everywhere. I lucked up and got a promo plan of 30GB for $130.

13. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

If Maine is your primary concern, no one beats US Cellular in Maine.

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I switched to Verizon recently and have been happy. Once I got VOLTE turned on you can use voice and data at the same time so that's no big deal. And at least in any area I've gone to I think I've only seen it lose LTE coverage once and that's including a lot of very rural areas. Almost all of Verizon's network seems to have LTE coverage.