Verizon Users Who Have 65+ Plan.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. Incredible, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

My original plan of getting the iPhone 5 involved having my dad switch from T-Mobile to Verizon and we can create a Family Plan, and that way I'll be able to get the new phone. My dad unfortunately, for me, renewed his contract a few months ago, so he's stuck with T-Mobile for another 2 years.

My mom doesn't want a phone, and my siblings already got phones and don't want to join me in a Family Plan.

My new plan is this:

Get a dumb phone. Sell my iPhone 4. Buy the iPhone 5. And have 2 phones in my own little Family Plan.

Problem is, I want to spend as little as possible.

I worked for Dave & Busters like 2 years ago, and with them I was able to get a 12% discount from Verizon. I haven't worked with them in 2 years, but I'm still getting the discount, so I'm keeping that on the down low..

I'm getting the discount on my Voice and Data plan. So instead of $39.99, I'm paying $35.19, and instead of $29.99, I'm paying $26.39. Throw in $10 text messaging, and the verizon charges and taxes, and my monthly total comes out to:
    $76.50.

If I get a Family Plan for myself, instead of $69.98 ($61.58), throw in my data discount, and I plan to remove my text messaging plan (since we're getting iMessage), and assuming that the verizon charges and taxes are the same ($4.92), my monthly total comes out to:
    $92.89 (+$16.39).

I hardly talk on the phone, but when I do, it's all mobile to mobile and I come no where near the 450 minutes.

I want the 65+ plan. But I'm only 24.

Getting the 65+ family plan means I'll be paying $84.09 a month, which is just a difference of $7.59 a month from what I'm paying now (again, assuming that verizon charges and taxes are the same $4.92).

Is there a way that to get that 65+ family plan?

Does anyone here use it who's under 65?

2. curitibagarrett macrumors member

3. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hardly talk on the phone. Why should the elderly get the benefit of paying less for hardly talking, when I should also, cause I hardly talk!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Because you're not 65 and its called fraud.
    Just wait another 41 years.

5. curitibagarrett macrumors member

it is probably a way for verizon to get the baby boomer generation to buy a phone. If you think about it most of the baby boomers are not tech savy and could give two ***** about technology that most <50 rely on a daily basis.

Just because you don't talk that much on the phone doesn't mean you have a special pass to get a senior discount plan.

6. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

IF you plead for it, they won't just give it, will they? :/

7. curitibagarrett macrumors member

Why would they give in? You are 24 not 65+.

8. larock macrumors member

Wow I'm dizzy after reading your original post. But here's a few things to think about.

It looks like you are on an unlimited data plan for $29.99....most-likely all this wrangling (for a $10 savings) will in effect give you a new plan, which means you might lose your unlimited data (2 GB for $30....no thanks).

Additionally, your savings from dropping texting in favor of iMessage probably won't pan out, unless everyone you text with also has an iPhone on IOS 5. If they don't, guess what, you'll need a texting plan or you will be sending out 20 cent texts.

I'm just curious about this one, when you sign up (or at least when I signed up they took my birthdate), how are you going to convince Verizon you suddenly aged by 41 years?

Honestly, I think your best move is to either buy the iPhone 5 out-right or pay the ETF and start over.

Good luck!

9. tdar macrumors 6502a

I answered your post in the other thread that you started about how you had to have the new phone....Why do you want it so bad? More and more of us are beginning to believe it's just going to be a small update. Should'nt you wait until Tuesday and see if all of this is even worth worrying about?

10. echo2011 macrumors regular

Gezz dude you're 24? ACT like it!...grow the hay up!

11. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

This is the problem with posts like this. The OP is a little Weasel who doesn't have any ethics or common sense. The elderly are usually on a fixed income and that's why they get a discount. How about you go out get a job stop being a drain on your parents and the rest of society and GROW UP!

12. Millionin20s macrumors regular

So....let's say you don't pull this off. Let's say you have to pay this $7.59 a month. Will your life quality diminish somehow? 65+ plans were designed for people like my aunt, who lives on a fixed income and no longer has a landline. Relax and pay the extra $100 a year like the rest of us plebeians. It won't hurt you.