Verizon vs AT&T for iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by php111, Dec 23, 2014.

?

AT&T vs Verizon for iPhone 5S

1. AT&T

25.0%
  2. Verizon

75.0%
  1. php111 macrumors regular

Hey! With an iPhone 5S that was purchased over the phone with Verizon. Would everyone keep Verizon for their carrier or would someone switch over to AT&T? This applies to both the overall pricing for the plans and the network coverage.

Also, if I wanted to switch from Verizon to AT&T even though I am not getting a new phone with AT&T, but they still do a credit check and mine came back that I have to pay $100, so basically I have to pay the $100 than they will send me out an AT&T SIM card. Not sure why?

2. cuongnq macrumors member

+1 for Verizon cos you can use CDMA to travel (with me is most value feature).

3. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

I have both carriers and at the end of the day they're equally reliable and about the same in pricing. Of course, I live in a larger metro area with great coverage. However if you are in an area of the city (where you use the phone most or travel) then one carrier may be more, even much more reliable than the other. Look at a coverage map and check with friends about their experiences.

Apparently your credit indicates a deposit is needed. Because postpaid service IS a credit extension - you are receiving service before you pay for it - at&t needs a deposit in case you default on payment.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Choosing a carrier depends on their coverage, first and foremost and then pricing of the packages. I think at the moment, ATT as the edge in offering better deals. What good are those deals though if you have crappy reception.

For my the coverage is a toss up, so I went with ATT because they had better incentives.