Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stangs55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
The Lone Star State
For what it's worth to those planning on preordering from Verizon. Below is the tail end of my chat with a Verizon rep (who was actually very good about helping me with my previous question, so I have not reason not to trust him here).

Wes: Perfect. That's what I needed to know. Also, do you know exactly what time the preorders will be available on your webiste? I know it says the 14th....but I'm assuming that's 12:01am PST (like on apple.com) Is that correct?
Morris: Preorders will begin at 4:00am cst.

jkun

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2012
... well it says on the Verizon wireless iphone website that preorders begin at 3:01 Am so I don't really know what your rep was talking about.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
... well it says on the Verizon wireless iphone website that preorders begin at 3:01 Am so I don't really know what your rep was talking about.

Where's it say that?

Edit: never mind 3:01 EST it is!

iforbes

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011

I see that it says 3 am (EDT) which would equal 12 am pacific. I do also see the 3:01 am mention...either way, it is the same as Apple. :)

"Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 5 online beginning Fri., Sept. 14 at 3 a.m. (EDT) at www.verizonwireless.com/iphone."

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
I see that it says 3 am (EDT) which would equal 12 am pacific. I do also see the 3:01 am mention...either way, it is the same as Apple. :)

"Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 5 online beginning Fri., Sept. 14 at 3 a.m. (EDT) at www.verizonwireless.com/iphone."

That's 2am central time right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.